17.

Maddie's POV

"Maddie, what exactly are we?" Daniel asks from the seat next to me. I smile, grinning at how much Harley asked me the question too.

"Umm, a step up from where we are now would be too far but a step down would kill this." I gesture between us.

"I know but what are we? Like if the fans ask what are you gonna say?"

"What do you want me to say?" I turn to face him looking into the deep ocean blue of his eyes. Wanting me to swim in them and play with the water. I could almost feel a splash hit me.

"I...I don't know I just think that you wouldn't say what I want you to say because that fact isn't excepted from you...yet I hope-

"What do you want me to say?" I cut him off still stuck in the world of blue that he's making for me.

"That you're you." He says with full confidence and I give him a confused stare.

"That you are Maddie Carter and that's who you are. To me, you are you as well. I don't want to treat you like an object where I have you all to myself cause that's not what you mean to me. You're so much more and I feel like I have to live up to that-

"But you don't-

"No just," he sighs, "let me finish. You wouldn't want me to live up to that because I'm already doing a better job than before. I seem less...clingy and less touchy..."

I nod at his words fully excepting the fact that he is himself to me.

"But I don't want to be myself around you. I want to be better," he whines and I smile.

Daniel's POV

"You're fine Daniel. You are fine. You are perfect the way you are." She says giving me a memory of that one time where I just nodded instead of arguing with her.

"You're so perfect." She blurts and I nod. Telling her I really am not in the mood to fight about the stupidity of the word 'perfect'.

I feel like sleeping. Taking a nap on my way to Hawaii. I've been so busy with making music and touring is crazy. Zach and Jack are losing their voices.

I need a break.

Maddie's POV

This trip needs to be quick. I wanted a break to myself but not everyone gets what they want and that's true.

I feel Daniel's head rest on my shoulder even though he has a neck pillow on it's still cute. I decide to join him in sleep till we get to paradise.

I graze my hand over his slipping mine into his. Fitting perfectly he holds on giving a gently squeeze every few minutes.

Maybe it's to make sure this is real. That I'm actually holding his hand. That I'm actually on this plane. That I'm sitting next to him. Taking a nap with him.

Fuck I'm so stupid. I get attached to someone way to fast. It's like every time I get close he gets closer and I don't wanna push away.

I don't know what's pulling me back, probably the sensation of falling or him leaving me again.

I swore to myself not again. This wouldn't happen and look where we are now.

This is so dumb, but he loves me. And when Daniel loves someone he doesn't stop loving them.

He stays, he'll always come back.

Nothing can tear us apart other than ourselves. No matter what happens, I won't forget my promise to her. I swear it. No matter what. We are forever. Forever and Always we will be Twisted but Lovely. A damned romance. A damned type of love.

Damned. Twisted. Forever. Lovely. Always.

I feel like the plane is sucking me in and trapping me. I really want to get off. I really really want to get off.

Why did he buy me a plane ticket! Actually, I shouldn't be here right now. This is a mess and I need to fix it.

I let go of Daniel's hand which jerks him up, he pulls my wrist turning me to face him before I can actually leave and get to the bathroom.

"Where are you going?"

"Bathroom, I'll be back."

He lets go of my hand and I walk to down the rows of seats to find it in the very back. Airplanes are so tricky. I can never get around that well. I have to wait for this woman and her child to finish.

This is going to take forever.

"Ughh," I whine returning to my seat without even getting a chance to think to myself in the bathroom. Daniel basically has me trapped here. I can't go anywhere and I-

"I know you want to leave. It's okay, I know I forced you to be here and if you want to leave when we land, you can." Daniel sighs playing with his fingers, looking down to distract himself from my eyes.

"Sorry, it's just the more I think the more this doesn't seem like the right idea."

"I know. You always overthink about everything. That's why I'm getting ready to fall with you. I'll catch you, Maddie. When you want to feel the sensation again but it's obvious that you aren't ready. I wait anyway- something stops him from speaking and he grabs my hand pulling me back to the restrooms.

"Maddie, I think I don't want to wait anymore. You are so busy with you and I'm busy with me. I think you were right about this not working. It doesn't mean that I want to stop loving you, it's just right now doesn't seem like the right time." I nod totally understanding him, trying my best not to cry and fall this time...cause I felt it. I felt ready to fall, I guess I just took too much time.

"So, friends?"

"Friends." I gulp.

a/n

i know this chapter is short but it has the most meaning to it. Daniel has just agreed to be friends? What do you think has gripped onto him that makes him not want to wait anymore?

they're friends.

i can introduce you to all my friends...or i could come alone...just me and you on our own...

ALSO... i don't want to make you guys do it but it would mean the world to me if you go back and hit the star to vote on my chapters! love you all!

'till the next

xx

hannah