30.

"I'm giving you these. There are no other so if you aren't there I get back home, I will be locked out of my apartment," Daniel hands me the keys to his apartment and my mouth drops open.

"Daniel are you sure, I mean-

"I need you to be there when I get back Maddie." He looks into my eyes and the blue color overwhelms me in a way where my heart beats faster and I shiver at the touch of his hand pulling my arm around him.

"Fuck." The only word I am using right now currently. It has been way too long since Daniel left.

It's six in the morning and I can't sleep in my own bed. I haven't slept at all. I had a thought about going to Daniel's house at four but my mind told me it was only three hours till I had to wake up. Daniel should be landing in Japan right now. I have a feeling he might text me when he does.

I turn back over pulling the sheets over my shivering body. I need to sleep.

"Fuck it" I mumble over my breathe and grab the keys on the nightstand. By that time my phone is lighting up with a text message.

Daniboy: just landed pretty girl. you are probably still asleep right now but I love you and wish you were here (;

Before I know what I'm doing I'm calling him.

'Who's the clingy one now?'

My mind is being rude but I ignore it, too focused in the moment. I pull a shirt over my head as my phone lights up and the first thing I hear is a raspy voice that's Daniel's because of how distinct it is from the rest.

"You need some sleep babe, because I know for sure that if you are up at six thirty in the morning you were up earlier," he says playfully laughing and my smile widens.

"I miss you." I say probably whining at him. I head into my bathroom bringing my phone with me and clicking the speaker button.

"Your fault for not coming." Daniel blurts and I can't argue with that. First because he's right and second because I don't have the energy to.

"I know," I say curling my eyelashes and brushing my teeth along with my hair, "how was the plane ride?"

"Lonely without you, Zach wouldn't stop falling asleep on my left shoulder and Jack, oh someone needs to get him a neck pillow. It's not fun sitting in between those two." Daniel says and I laugh pulling my black jean shorts on and trying to pull the white cropped sweater shirt down.

I tie up the black ankle boots and grab his keys heading out the door with my phone in my hand.

"Must be rough," I laugh turning him off speaker and push my phone against my ear. I run down the steps and into my car. I hold my phone propping it up and plugging it in.

"Where are you going?" He asks me and I smile as I start to drive.

"Your place,"

"Actually?" I can feel his smile and his eyes widening even though I can't see him.

"Actually," I say nodding my head and lowering the radio music in the background, "well I'm going to get coffee first but then your place."

I talk to Daniel about Japan and he says he needs to buy me something which I tell him not to but he insist he does.

"Good morning, what can I get you?" A guy asks me as I pull up to the speaker.

"Hi," I say through the drive through, "can I get a vanilla latte please?"

"Is that all?" He reassures and I nod smiling saying yes as he tells me how much to pay at the window.

"Who was that?" Daniel asks.