14.

Daniel's POV

"That was fun," I exclaim trying my best to get her to hold my hand as we walk back to our hut. I feel the top of her hand brush against mine as I sink and give up with trying and do it quickly.

She blushes and even I can see it as the moon slowly rises into the night

She blushes and even I can see it as the moon slowly rises into the night. I swing our hands back and forth and let go once we reach the hut.

"Look who it is!" Everyone shouts eyeing Maddie and me when I close the door.

"Where'd the two lovebirds go today?" Haylee asks smiling totally engaged as I feel Maddie's hand connect with mine and her other slide up my arm.

"We went out for dinner, that was it," she sighs leaning her head onto my shoulder as her hair falls down to cover her face, and I can tell she's embarrassed

"That was it huh?" Jonah adds while I chuckle. Maddie just nods, making her hair fall even lower covering more of her beautiful flushed face.

"What did you all do?" I try and change the subject quickly and they all buy it since they all look drunk. I notice some bottles on the table along with a board game which looks like its monopoly.

"What does it look like we did?" Tate hiccups and I feel Maddie laugh silently against me. I smile and walk with Maddie upstairs quickly hoping the party people downstairs won't remember any of that conversation.

"What do you wanna do?" Maddie asks closing the door behind us, she turns around slowly and I memorized every part of her with my eyes. Scanning over her, remembering everything.

"I wanna do you."

I see Maddie's smile slowly sink down into an empathetic face that has no expression but it looks like she's trying to say sorry without even saying.

"What is it?" I ask taking a step forward so I can get closer. She doesn't move just stands in place.

"I just have a lot on my mind and I don't know if..." she lets out a sob and covers her face making me pull her into a tight hug. I wish I could shield her from the world. Keep her safe in a world where only we exist.