CHAPTER 5

It struck 11.30 in my watch which meant my shift was over. I packed my things and was leaving when Rajesh asked me to join him for a drink at the bar. I agreed. I drank two bottles of beer. Well I didn't want to but I felt like I needed them the most. I was about to drink another one when Rajesh stopped me. "Hey, r u mad or what? How much r u drinking? ", he said dramatically. I paid heed to his words and went back home. I tiptoed to my building and unlocked the door with the spare key I had. Manohar chacha must have gone for his duty. As soon as I entered the room Ruksar chachi caught a fistful of my hair pulling them so strongly that literally my skull would break apart. "Where were u till now? Now who is going to wash the dishes? Ur mother? Now go and wash them", she said with her gritted teeth trying not to wake Manvi up. Finally she left my hair and I made my way to the kitchen. I didn't have my dinner also and here I am washing dishes in my own house as a maid. Well, not my 'own' house but Manohar chacha wouldn't like it if I didn't consider it as my own house. Well, coming back to reality I washed the dishes and put them on the stand. I went to my room and found Ruksar chachi sitting there. "Done? ",she asked. I nodded my head. "Good.. Pick up Manvi from her school tomorrow ", she ordered and I agreed. For the first time I heard a 'good' from her mouth. She went to her room. I badly needed to freshen up now. I went inside the washroom and had a quick shower. It was nearly 12.30 by now. I had to wake up early in the morning. While I was lying on my bed I kept thinking of the anger I busted out on that boy.... What his name is? I forgot... Yeah.. Darshan... Darshan Raval. His name sounded a bit odd to me. He had a pair of eyebrows which were short, hazel brown eyeballs with almond shaped eyes, a parrot nose and his pink lips. He wasn't flawless but had much less flaws. Somewhere deep inside I felt guilty for my behaviour but I had to do that. I had to do it to secure my reality, a reality which no one would believe in. While thinking all these I don't know when I fell asleep coz the next thing I know was my alarm buzzing at some 4.30 in the morning.

I woke up quickly and was doing the house hold chores. Manohar chacha had come already, I guess coz his shoes were kept near the doorstep. I mopped and cleaned the house and then went onto wash the clothes. After that I went to freshen up and I packed my bag. Then I went to the kitchen and made breakfast for Ruksar chachi, Manohar chacha and Manvi. Unlike Manohar chacha, Manvi and Ruksar chachi were highly demanding. So I decided to prepare some pasta for them. It was 5 already. After making it I kept it on the dining table and made myself a cup of coffee. After that I headed to my work place. It was 6 and my classes would begin at 9. If I would ask Rachel then she would leave me but to work extra 2 hrs at night. It is okay for me. I went inside. Practically, in the morning I just had to keep the count of plates and cups and wash the dirty dishes which were left. Well who would come in the morning to a restro-bar? I worked until 8.25 and I knew it would take some time for Rachel to understand. I went to her and requested her. I also promised her to work overnight. It was then she let me go. It was already 8.40. I reached the class panting and took the normal place I used to. And then I felt someone coming to me. My head jerked up and I saw that it was him. "May I? ", he asked. "Didn't u get a place anywhere else? ", I asked in return coldly looking down. "No.. ", he answered in the way I had answered him yesterday. I moved aside and let him sit. He pushed a bottle of water towards me and said, "U look tired.. ". "Well, why does that matter you? ", I asked in return. "Just being good to u", he said shrugging his shoulders. "I don't need ur goodness. ", I said as I felt I said the wrong thing. I needed it the most. But I managed not to show it to him. "Can I ask u a question? ", he asked. "No.. ", I said emotionlessly. "Why do u stay alone all the time? ", he asked still. "None of ur business ", I said. "It's my birthday today ", he said.  "Happy Birthday then.. ", I said coz I think no one wished him since morning.. "I don't need ur wishes", he said, "just be friends with me.. ".  "I am not interested... ", I said leaving him perplexed. The class began and I wasn't able to avoid him. I felt the urge to push him away while my heart still said 'he will make everything better for u'. I had always thought about my feelings and I am in this condition but now I don't want to be in a worse condition. It's better not to have feelings towards anyone than getting hurt for those feelings. Well again I wasn't able to avoid him.