CHAPTER 57

[DARSHAN]

"When did you come?", I asked in a husky voice once I entered her bedroom. "Just 30 minutes before", she said still looking at the computer screen. "Did you guys have something?", she asked. "No... actually we fell asleep", I said. "Oh... So who is now a baby?", she asked mocking. "Hey... we are not babies... We just fell asleep...", I muttered. "Whatever... u guys sit... I am making something...", she said as she got down the bed. "BTW... did you have something?", I asked. She inhaled deeply and replied "Yeah... I had bread and butter", she replied. " You went out... u could have something better and btw where do u get bread and butter for lunch?", I said in a long stretch. "At this place... I had them after coming home...", she replied. "What??? U forgot to have lunch? even when you were out?", I asked with disbelief. "Hats off", I again added and she chuckled. "So what will you have for dinner?", she asked. "U will prepare dinner now? It is 6.30 PM", I said which made her chuckle. "I will prepare dinner afterwards but say at least what you want to have?", she said. " ....Paneer rolls... " , after thinking a while, I replied. "Ok", she said. I went out of there and went into the drawing room. Prak had just popped her eyelids up... anyone can say it. "Darsh... what is the time?", she asked. "6.30 PM", I replied. "Fuck! Saara Romance toh reh gya", she said and Aditi's chuckle was audible from the kitchen. Narrowing her brows Prak asked "She is back?". I nodded. "Here is your coffee", she said placing two cups of coffee on the table. "If you guys need anything... I am in my room.... just call me", she said and vanished into her room. It seemed like she was trying to avoid us as much as she can. But why? She is running away from whom? "Darsh... when will we go for the date?", Prak asked. "date??", I asked. "Arre.. we were going to have dinner out... u forgot? u never used to forget anything about us and today what happened?", she asked. Her words were true. Before I wanted to run away from the reality and today I want to stay in the reality and the reality is.... she is with ME. "Huh... yes... I remember... it just got out of my mind", I made an excuse. "So Prak... what will you have for dinner?", Aditi came asking. "Aditi... we are going out for dinner... ", Prak informed her shyly. "Oh...", she mouthed and again said "I didn't know that". I seriously felt bad for the emotions going through her. I could feel her vibes... strange ones. "So when are you going?", she asked. "Just... nearly after 30-40 minutes we will leave", she said. I don't know why... I just wanted to be with Aditi...I wanted to feel her... I wanted to care her... Just the way I did to Prak. "D... go and get ready.. coz you will take much time", Prak said. "Yeah...", I replied with a brief nod. I don't know why but I didn't want to inch closer to Prak.

Moments later we were in the romantic atmosphere of a restaurant. We took a window seat and placed our order. We held hands in hands but I wanted to jerk back my hand. I wanted to escape it. I wasn't able to handle it. During the whole date, I was just thinking about Aditi... Did she have her dinner? did she overwork? What she must be doing? and many more. When we were done, we went back home. We knocked at the door but no response. I again knocked at the door and again no response. With the spare key I had, I hastily unlocked the door. And my heart ached at the sight. Aditi was sleeping on the sofa with a file... might be while waiting for us. My guess was correct... she didn't have dinner. There were no dishes to be washed or did she wash them all? I tried to wake her up but Prak stopped me "Take her to her room... Don't wake her up". She said it and I was awestruck. But she assured me. I took her up in my arms and placed her softly on the bed. As I turned to go, she held my hand tightly. I looked back and I freed my hand while she mumbled, "Please don't go... don't strand me... I love you". Did she love someone? Did she have a break up? What had happened to her? I will ask her in the morning because that is what I can do. Then my eyes fell on the photoframe on the side table. It was of US. Prak, me and her. It was special for her... yes it is.

// I hope everything turns fine.....love or war?//