CHAPTER 8

[Aditi]
I woke up at nearly 4.30 after my alarm clock buzzed. I woke up and did the household chores except for cooking. I thought of doing it nearly at 5.30 bcoz Manohar chacha would wake up at nearly 7. After doing the work, I sat on my bed with my books. I didn't have much things bcoz I didn't demand for anything. If Manohar chacha would buy something for me that was it. However, I didn't have a study table so I sat on my bed with my book and started studying carefully. I set the alarm for 5.30 as I knew I would lose track of time once I was engaged in something. Well, Ruksar chachi wakes up at 6 so Manohar chacha thinks that she makes the breakfast. Neither me nor Ruksar chachi has ever broke his this faith. So I started studying with concentration. After an hour the alarm clock buzzed and I got up from my bed. It was really a chilly morning as it had rained a few minutes ago. It was the time for sunrise. But I went to the kitchen and prepared some Kheer as it was Manohar chacha's favourite. After some time it was ready and I had prepared some Rotis to go with it. It was nearly 6.30 and Ruksar chachi didn't wake up. I decided to wake her up even after knowing the consequences. I woke her up and she looked at me blankly. "Ruksar chachi, it's 6.30...wake up before Manohar chacha wakes up ", I said in a hoarse whisper and she sprang up from her bed. She went to freshen up and came out after 20 minutes. She ran and brought the dishes to the table. "Couldn't u make something better? ", Ruksar chachi snapped. "But it's Manohar chacha's favourite.... ", I said. "It's his favourite.. What about me? ", she said. "I will make whatever you say... ", I said lowering my head. "Leave it... He has woke up... ", she said making a pucker face. After sometime I went into my room and packed my bags. I didn't even have my coffee. I had more 2 hours in my hand which I decided to spend in a hill like raised platform which was inside a kind of jungle. The view was breathtaking. I had a cup of tea from the near by tea stall and went to the place. I would go there whenever I felt low or angry or any of the negative emotion. My watch struck 9 and I left the place. I headed towards my college, put my hoodie on and sat at the corner bench. After nearly 25 minutes, I saw Darshan rushing in. He took the place beside Ryan, the class topper. I think he started hating me after knowing my truth. I didn't want to bother him. He soon got popular in the college due to Ryan and his large circle of friends which wouldn't have been possible if he stayed with me. After a while I was called to the principal's office for fighting Jai. I went inside the principal's office. He yelled at me, "What do you think of yourself?? U broke my son's hand!! R u the rowdy here?? ". I stayed calm and once he completed I started my way. I asked him,"How can you believe that I broke his hand? And BTW I heard in colleges or schools everyone is same, be it the teacher's children, principal's children or normal children.. ". "My son said about it.. ", he said. "Then I should say something that u must believe if you believe in Jai Patel. Jai sells drugs to the college children. He even once tried to force Monika, a junior to kiss him. He has a gang drinking and roaming around the roads at mid night. And that day he was about to beat an innocent boy on his face... Will you believe it? ", I raised my question. "Obviously no... I have full faith on my son--", he was about to complete his sentence when I furrowed my brows and asked, "Your son?? " and he continued, "I mean Jai Patel... He can't do anything like that". "For that I think these pictures are enough and for rest u may call Monika Pathekar", I said with graveness covering my frightened soul. The principal Udai Patel, turned to his son and asked about it. He was silent. Then the sound of a tight slap filled the room. "I am sorry, my child. I didn't know anything about it ", he said joining his hands. "Don't say like this sir, just keep a watch on him and don't become harsh on him suddenly. He will just need some time... ", I said. However I was suspended for 2 days while Jai was suspended for nearly 10 days for getting into fight. However, rules r same. I was grateful for this. I needed some rest and some time for whatever happened a few time ago.....