CHAPTER 12

[Aditi]
The doctor who was Darshan's cousin sister helped me with medicines and asked me to take rest but little did she know that rest was a word which was Far away from me. We never fell on the same page. She said that I would be discharged at 10 AM. I had to wait!!  I knew the consequences of not going back, washing the dishes, cleaning and moping the house and moreover not making the breakfast. I was panic stricken and in a sudden urge I shouted a "NO". "Huh... What happened? ", Dr. Sheena asked me. "I mean can't u do it anytime soon?? I mean I have college tomorrow..... ", I was trying to mutter a lie to justify why I didn't want to stay there. "Oh really?! ", she said and called Darshan. "Darshan, I think u should take her home because she has COLLEGE tomorrow ", she said forcing the words of 'college'. "What?! ", he said shocked. "I said u right?? She was suspended for 2 days and she will be coming day after tomorrow ", he said and Dr. Sheena gave a smile of victory. I looked down at my palms. I knew I had no chance to escape them but I was scared. Scared not of the physical hurts but I knew what would happen to me if I slept for more than 3 hours. It has been happening to me since I was 12. I don't want them to happen to me anytime again. This is the reason why I kept myself away from "REST". It is one of my greatest secrets and secrets are never told to anyone. "R u going to gaze at ur palms or do u have plans to improve ur health? ", a voice broke my thoughts and I looked up to see him smiling. "I think u must go home.... ", I said. I wanted to be alone. I didn't want anyone to see that side of me. "I am at home... ", he said shrugging his shoulders and I asked, "Means?? ". He replied, "According to ur definition home is someone who stays with u even after the darkest nights and I..... I.... Have Sheena Didi here", he said fumbling a bit. He was true, merely true. I loved the way he tried to approach me, tried to make me home... I loved everything about him. He was turning away when I called out for him. He instantly looked back and I said, "Please don't say anyone that u saw and got to know about me". He smiled and said, "Don't worry" and in a minute he was out. The room again felt dark and dim like my life. For the first time the calmness and silence was killing me. I had loved silence all my life and all of a sudden it feels deadly. However I tried hard to sleep.

It had been almost 3.30 hours since I had slept and I saw it all again. My mom-my dad-my uncle-my aunt-Danish-Netra Didi... Everything and all of a sudden I woke up with a jerk. My forehead was wet with sweat and my hands and legs were trembling and in a moment he approached me and asked what happened. I badly wanted to cry but it was always tough for me to do in front of anyone. "No.... Not.... Nothing", I fumbled out of my words, "Just had a bad dream... ". It was half a true. It was a dream but the truth of my life. It was somewhat 6 in the morning. I said, "I think u must go home..... ". "Don't u have anything else to say?? ", he snapped. "I mean in a few hours college will start.... And u have taken enough pain for me... Now not more", I said.  "Really?!?! ", he said sighing and rolling his eyes.

[Darshan]

I just saw the look on her face when she jerked up..... It contained terror, fear and fright. It looked completely different. It felt like she wanted to break down but it was impossible for her to do so. I really felt like slapping her hard when she asked me to leave because I had enough pain for her..... Really?! What problem did she have??  I decided to confront her. "Listen, I know we r friends only from last 3-4 days but if you want to share anything heavy then u may..... I don't know what is ur past but I do know that u badly need a shoulder and here I am....", I said. There was a look of disbelief in her eyes. Slowly she asked, "Ur dad is a lecturer or a writer? ". "Hey, what has it to do?? ", I asked confused. "Just answer me.. ", was all she said. "Writer... ", I said smiling sheepishly. I don't know why... "I knew it... ", she said. "How?? ", I asked.  She replied, "Most of the kids of these lecturers and writers are the one who will clung to someone who doesn't want anyone and try to show that how beautiful the life and the world is and all that bull crap.... ". I was astound. She had really an observative mind. "But it may vary at some cases. At some times the children try to show their positivity and annoy students like me... ", she continued. And then I realised how effectively she had changed the topic. It was clear that life had struck her hard.... Betrayed her to the end and left her both hopeless and helpless.... "What do u mean by students like u? ", I asked. "U know it better... ", she said. "As far as I know u r a very good company.... ", I said to comfort her and she smiled. Finally after a fucking week I saw her smile and I complemented her, "U should smile often, it looks good when u wear it... " and then a question struck me. Why did she smile?? I asked her straight, "What is the reason behind ur smile though? " and her reply was something bewildering. She replied, "The fact that I am a good company.... See I know I am annoying, melancholic and stupid.... So u can confess it... I won't mind, believe me". "No... I mean I really find u so good... I mean ur talks are so deep... Believe me I never saw my life with that point of view.... And I won't regret listening to those types of words again.... ", I said defending myself and she smirked a bit. "I never thought of myself to be able to do that too.... I never had time to think.... ", she said. What did she mean by she didn't have time to think? Such suspicion talks of her were captivating me more to dig myself into her life.......