CHAPTER 32

The next day...
[Aditi]
I woke up at nearly 6. I don't know why but I have started waking up late after coming to Darsh's house. However I just freshened up and went to the kitchen to prepare a cup of coffee. Uncle, aunty and Darsh must be tired so I decided to prepare coffee and breakfast for them as well. After making three mugs of coffee... I took two cups to uncle and aunty and one cup to Darsh's room. I must say he looked like a cute kid while sleeping. I, a kind of felt attracted towards him... After consuming two cups of coffee I shook of my sleepiness and started preparing the breakfast. By nearly 7.30 AM every thing was ready. "Oh gosh!! It is 7.30!!", I heard a scream from upstairs and I ran up there. "What happened aunty? ", I asked panting for breath. "Oh gosh Aditi! It's 7.30... Now ur uncle has to go to his office at 8.30 and u both will go at 9 to ur college... I have to prepare the breakfast and the house hold chores... Oh god!! What shall I do? ", aunty panicked. "Aunty... Relax!! I have prepared the breakfast and have done the household chores... U don't need to panic... ", I calmed her down. "Aditi.... U didn't have to do this... U would have woken me up... ", she said. "U all were sleeping so peacefully and my mom used to say that it's not good to disturb anyone in his/her sleep.... ", I said. She smiled and asked me to go down. I don't know why but I wanted to cry a lot... I don't know why... After sometime the dining table was covered by DARSH and HIS FAMILY. "Mo... I mean aunty... Please pass me that bowl... ", I requested. I don't know why that word escaped my mouth. "What were you about to call her??", Darsh furrowed his brows and asked. "Nothing... ", I covered up. "Beta.. It's okay.. Say it.. I won't mind... ", aunty said and I looked up hesitantly and said,"Mom.. ". Aunty smiled and said, "It's okay... I will feel better if u call me mom... " . "I have some stuff to do... I need to go... ", I said and got up. I went to my room and splashed water all over my face to merge them with the tears that were flowing out. Why does all those things happen to me which I don't want to happen? I tried to avoid everyone that day.. Especially Darsh coz he is like a leech... He will hold onto it until I let out everything. I took my bag and went to the college without waiting for Darsh. I wanted to be alone that day. The day was going on just as I wanted.

It was nearly 1 AM. I wanted to go back to my lifestyle. I wanted to stay alone. Living in this way was giving me more pain. "She is here!!", I heard a shout and turned back. Darsh was standing with his parents. All of them came near me. "Where were you all this time? U could have told us at least.. We were so worried about you.. ", aunty said in one breath. "And what is this? U were drinking? ", she said noticing the beer bottle in my hand. I looked at it. I felt like hitting my head with the bottle. "Aditi.. M asking something.. ", aunty said sternly and I looked up. "Yes.. ", I said monotonously. "I never expected this from you... ", she said and went away. She was obviously in anger. All of them went away. I went back and sat where I was sitting a few minutes back. "What's the matter? ", I heard Darsh ask. My head jerked up to my side. He had come back. "Nothing... ", I said. "U trust me, right? ", he asked. "it's just that... I can't ask ur family as my own... ", I revealed. "Why? ", he asked. "Coz... I don't want any one else to be my weakness... I am already struggling... I don't want anyone else in my life... Please understand ", I pleaded. "I understand this... But I don't understand one thing... People say orphans die to get a family... Then u? ", he asked. It was true I wanted a family to support me but I know I won't be able to afford a weakness whom I would lose soon... "Everyone is not the same... Anyways... Aunty is very angry.. She may not have her food and medicines on time.. Take care of it... ", I said and he nodded. He went away. I was sitting alone again with my problems...