CHAPTER 36

[Aditi]
I was feeling lethargic. I didn't feel like getting up from the bed. I just wanted to curl up into a ball under the volumes of a thick quilt and just disappear from everyone's mind. Did I get fever again? Oh yes!! Why does it happen only to me? Still, I forced myself out to kitchen and had a light, extremely light breakfast that I always have.... a pair of biscuits with a cup of tea. I literally marched into the college, sneezing and coughing all the way, turning heads towards me. I went to my locker and an extremely cheerful voice evoked. "Hi! ", I turned around to find Prakriti. "Hey" I muttered powerlessly. "U sound sick" she said and I replied "I know". "U r having fever Aditi... And u must consult a doctor " she said gently pressing the back of her hand on my forehead. Emerged out Shanaya and Natasha, The Queen Sisters. "Oh look at the lesbian couple taking care of each other ", Natasha announced. "Natasha! ", Prakriti yelled at them. "Just get the fuck off bitch... Dare you do anything ", Kabir, Natasha's boyfriend said. What was next? I bet him hard... Not in front of everyone. I asked him to say 'sorry' to Prakriti. Seeing kabir's broken face in the class, I got 3 people's unwanted attention. Prakriti, Shanaya and Natasha. Even if he hadn't said about it to anyone... They doubted on me! After class, I indicated Kabir to do what was asked. He stopped Darshan and Prakriti in the middle of the corridor and looked at each other. "I... I... A.. Am.. S.. S.. Sorry", Kabir muttered out of fear to Prakriti. "It's okay", she said and I moved towards the library. Hiding myself behind the volumes of thick novels, I remained unaware of the remaining world. Once completed, I rushed through the corridor when someone tugged me by my upper arm and had covered my mouth. "It's me Darshan! ", he whispered and I calmed down. The name sent shivers down my spine and I forced my eyeballs up. I saw him staring at me. He pushed back a strand of hair, securing it behind my ears. "Ur body is burning ", he muttered. As reality hit me hard, I gulped down and said, "I know ". "And still u managed to damage Kabir's face? ", he shot a question. "It is none of your business... I don't think we r a part of each other's life any more... So it's better if u stay away from me! ", I said rather in a rude manner, trying to free myself from his grip. "Why r u so egoistic? Why? I wanted u to come back to me, talk to me, sort things out... But u simply cut all ties with me? I kept each and every detail of u even when I was far and u? How could u say that we r not a part of each other's life? How? " , he said in such a way that it bullied the tears to form on my eyes. "Darshan, just leave me... I am meant to be stranded alone... So strand me... U don't need to come back to me if I don't come back... U never need to go out of your way for me", I said harsh enough to let be gone. His grip on my hand loosened. "Why do u think it is out of my way? ", he asked. "Coz it was always out of your way... Now please leave me, I have to go", I said. "Yes.. Go... ", he said jerking my hand off. What happens to him at times? Now he was so sweet and all and now he is so bitter...

I just moved away. His words kept ringing in my ears. "Lunch? ", a question broke my thoughts as I looked up to find Prakriti. I smiled allowing her to sit beside me. With her was Darshan. My smile started to fade away. "What were u thinking? ", he asked. "Nothing much.... Just where will I get my new job and all that bull crap ", I replied. "That is not bull crap... That is needed for u", Prakriti said and I couldn't argue. "U don't bring lunch? ", she questioned. "As if someone is there to prepare ", I replied. "U must be preparing ur breakfast and dinner anyways... So lunch? ", she raised another question.  "Well... It's either a cup of coffee or tea with some biscuits or cookies in the morning and a bottle or 2 of beer along with some snacks in the dinner", I shrugged and looked at Darshan. He was blank. Completely blank. "Well... Then how did u take care of urself when u were working in 'The Royals' ? Cuz I know my step mom would do anything and everything for money! ", she said and I chuckled. "She never needed to take care of herself... There were people to take care of hers... At least who willed to take care of her but she just shoved them off... As if she was never interested... ", Darshan broke his silence. It awakened a sense if guilt in me and Prakriti had a perplexed look on her face. I just faintly smiled and went off the place. Where else could I go? Yup... Fire exit stair case. "Hey you bitch! U dared to touch my boyfriend? ", I heard Natasha call out for me as she tugged me by my collar. "I didn't only touch but bet him hard" I said and she placed a slap on my face. Kabir was standing at a distance with a contented smile. I smirked and said, "It's nice that I am not reacting or else... I would be rusticated from college... ". She looked around to find a few teachers at a distance. She was suspended for her behaviour by the teachers. For one whole week... Which meant that the Queen Sisters weren't coming for the next 1 week. BTW I got a new job as a receptionist in one of the top notch hotels. It is better. I tried to keep more distance from Prakriti and Darshan. But I was getting into bullies more.... I don't know why and how.... I was feeling helpless... A few days back, no one dared to talk to me and now there are children fighting with me... I had a great number of enemies now..... At least more than friends.... Well every number is more than 0.

//GUYS! I HAVE ENTERED THIS FF INTO 'THE WATTYS 2019'. SO PLEASE READ IT, VOTE FOR IT AND COMMENT ON IT... THANKING YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT YOU GAVE ME... U GUYS ARE AMAZING!! //