CHAPTER 14

[Darshan]

After my breakfast I went to my room and looked at my phone. There were only 2 missed calls from Aditi in the last 30 mins!! I called her for 20-25 times in 30 minutes and she called me just for 2 times!! I called her bnoack and thank god she picked up the call. On the call at first she hissed a bit and then our conversation started...

Aditi: Hello!

Darshan: Hi

Aditi : U called me for 25 fucking times!!  Did u have any important work?

Darshan : I just wanted to ask u if u reached home.

Aditi : Oh God!! Only this much!! I was so scared u know.... Ouch...

Darshan : What happened???

Aditi : Nothing.... Actually I just got hurt a bit and was applying a bit of medicine...

Darshan: What?? But how?? R u okay?? Do you want me to come?? Should I help u??

Aditi : Relax!! Relax!! I haven't run into any accident.... It's just a small hurt..

Darshan (sarcastically) : Ur small hurts will legally mean accidents....

Aditi (rolling her eyes) : What ever!! I have just applied medicines....

Darshan (sarcastically) : Oh really!! I thought you never knew what medicines are!!

Aditi : If ur jokes are over then may I take ur leave?? I have to start preparing lunch..

Darshan : Why u?? Ur mom??

Aditi (concerned) : I don't have my mom....

Darshan : Oh sorry!! I didn't know that...

Aditi (smirking) : Why are u sorry for something u didn't do??

Darshan : My line is being applied on me....

Aditi : Whatever... Now let me go.... Bye!!

Darshan : Bye...

After the conversation I didn't feel anything good. She said that she didn't have her mom then who was the woman in the house??

[Aditi]

I was applying some medicines on my hand though I knew it was of no use. I would be working throughout the day and the medicine would fade away. Just then that Fattu called. While picking up the call I unintentionally put my phone on to the centre of my wound which pained. He started his usual gossip which consisted of non-sense jokes. Well jokes are non-sense things.... I was continuously dabbing a piece of cotton soaked in medicine on my wound which was causing a bit pain. Amidst our talking he asked me about my mom and every little thing flashed before me. How I hate him for this!! After he came into my life, he is always reminding me of my dreadful past. I swallowed hard and with a heavy stone burdened on my chest I said, "I don't have my mom ". It was heart - breaking but my life was full of heart - breaks. After he cut the call, tears scrolled down my eyes. I sobbed silently and after that I washed my face with water and made the lunch. After preparing lunch, I brought Manvi home, served her the lunch, packed the lunch to Ruksar chachi and went to my work. During my work, I wasn't able to think about him more and I am thankful for this....