CHAPTER 53

[Aditi]
Keeping Rajesh's words in my mind, I decided not to pave way for heart breaks. I distanced him and me...  I wanted to do it until we were at the end of the distance. U have to pay for everything Darshan... Or may be not... I surely do love you but u? I don't know if you will ever love me.

It was yet another normal day in the office. Nothing special and there he came making everything special. He wore his normal smile which was no less than a priceless diamond, his black blazer buttoned and his neat tie well tied. I didn't want to be harsh on him yet I wanted to stay out of him. I never wanted to be close to him and still I yearned for his presence. As soon as he got into his cabin, I noticed him through the glass panes we had. He unbuttoned his black blazer and rolled the sleeves of his neat white shirt up. He placed the blazer at the back of the chair. I kept stealing glances of him and sometimes I would catch him looking at me already... And he would of nowhere look else where and pretend. Well... If he would be an actor... I bet... He would be the worst one because he doesn't know how to lie and pretend. I smirked at my own thoughts and I could feel his furrowed brows shooting at me. I rolled my hand up and down my neck and focused on my work. Just then he called me into his cabin. "Yes Sir... ", I uttered. "Umm... Aditi... Can u give me Mr.Bose's file... ", he softly ordered and I nodded as an obedient child. We didn't talk for the rest of the day nor did we make any eye contact.

At night the story repeated itself. We were stranded alone in the office. "Should I drop u? ", he asked softly while walking silently through the concreted road. I felt like falling over him again... "Umm... If u don't have any problem... ", I said nervously. What was I doing? Well.... It was meant to bring a heart break when I am with him. "So... Let's go ", he said and he held the car door open for me. He went to the driver's seat and our drive was slow... Or it seemed so. "I am sorry for my words that I uttered yesterday... ", I confessed. He smiled and halted a car somewhere amidst the dark road. He handed a bottle of water and said, "Wash ur face... ". "what?? Why? ", I uttered in dismay. "Bcoz Miss Aditi can fool everyone but not her Darsh", he said which made my heart flutter. "Well... I have heard girls often hide their faces with coatings of make up... If u r one of them... I don't know what to say ", he said. I smiled, took the bottle and washed my face.

[Darshan]
When she came, I was in doubt if it was the same Aditi.. Her pale lips, dark circled eyes and red eyes surely said that she wasn't good. "For how long didn't u sleep? ", I asked. "4 nights in a row", she sighed. "It isn't good... ", I said. "Nothing is good... ", she smirked. "I and Prak are getting married ", the words which were so sweet to me turned to sudden bitterness... I informed her. "T.. that's good... C.. Congrats... ", she stammered as if she was not prepared for it. I halted my car in front of her apartment and moments later she was engulfed by the pitch darkness. I drove back to my apartment. I sat on the sofa, unlacing my shoe laces. I threw my head back thinking 'what was wrong? Or what was going wrong?'

// Hey guys!  So at first a very happy Raksha Bandhan to u guys and yes Happy Independence Day too... Guys... You all have made me feel so high today.... I never thought my fanfic would ever make up a house in ur hearts and thank u for allowing it to... U guys are really great! //