CHAPTER 93

[DARSHAN]

I was sitting in the dining waiting for everyone. It was weird. Where all of them must have gone?

Suddenly, there was a knock on the front door. I went to open it. I looked through the eyehole and saw Nitin along with two girls and Aman, his best friend.

I opened the door for them.

"Where were you and where is everyone else?", I asked Nitin once he fell down on the couch, opening his shoes.

"I, Tiara, Tara and Aman had planned to go for some shopping and I guess, everyone else must have gone out...", he replied.

"May be...", I sounded.

"Bro, This is Tiara...", he introduced me to his fiancé.

"Hi, I am Darshan Raval", I laid out my hand for a hand shake.

"Of course I know, the heart throb singer of India", she beamed. I smiled back. She had cute dimples popping out when she smiled.

"She is Tara", Nitin said pointing to the other girl and continued, "She is Tiara's sister".

"Hello", I greeted earning a 'Hi' from her.

"Bro, You already know Naman", he said and laughed out.

"Bro.. 5 years of friendship yet you can't spell my name correctly!", Aman groaned.

"It is because I find Naman is a better name than Aman", Nitin laughed.

It was one of his old habits. He used to mock with people's name, which is obviously inappropriate, yet he doesn't offend people with names. He is a complete weirdo. Best of luck Tiara.

"Guys, Isn't it her birthday tomorrow?", Tara squealed.

"Oh shit! Yes! I completely forgot! Shit!", Nitin jumped out in fear.

"Yet you call yourself her best friend!", Aman joked.

"Bro, it ain't funny!", Nitin groaned, "What should I do?".

"Bro, leave it. She anyways doesn't remember her own birthday. She won't mind if you don't give her a gift", Tara huffed.

"That doesn't mean that I should be fooling around. I am her best friend!", Nitin said, almost guiltily. I guess, about whomsoever they are talking, she is very special and important.

"Seriously Nitin? Itna serious tum humare liye bhi kabhi nhi hote!", Tiara huffed.

He just kept silent in reply.

"Sorry to disturb the convo, but about whom are you talking?", I asked.

"His 'BEST FRIEND'", Aman said pointing to Nitin. Of course I made that out dumbo!

"And who that best friend is?", I asked.

"That charity event wali", Nitin replied.

"Does she not have a name?", I asked sarcastically.

His lips curled up into a smile, while his eyes were closed.

"I will say it to you when you meet her", he replied.

Pfffffttttt.

He has not changed. The same, secret keeper.

After a moment, everyone came back.

It was quite late. Like some 9.30 PM. Tiara went to Nitin's parents and chatted for a moment before turning back to Nitin. She had those feelings for Nitin which I had found in Aditi's eyes for me. But this is not ideal. She shouldn't be like Aditi.

"Bhai, according to you what is love?", Nitin asked when we were in the backyard. He had a cigarette in his hand along with a beer bottle. He had his eyes closed. I took the bottle out of his hand and took a sip.

"Everything is like cakes and ponies and rainbows when you are in love. Everything is bright and cheerful when you are in love but when your part of love goes out of your life, it is all dark and gloomy and dull. You find chaos in the most peaceful thing. The roses smell of gutter, and the birds seem monstrous. You feel like there is no other step to climb to. You feel like you will fall any moment if you let out your emotions. You don't even know where you want to go, where your life wants to take you, you just keep on walking, ultimately knowing, it is of no use...", I never knew the grief I was holding in me. It was like an irreplaceable cut that has it's scar scattered over my soul. It was this scar that never let me breathe properly.

"Bhai, I always knew you are a lyricist too but itne deep thoughts?", Nitin crooked his brows.

"Bhai, har thokar k sath insaan girna aur uthna dono seekh jaata hai", I laughed to hide my pain.

Aditi, you have to pay for whatever you have done.

// Heya peeps!! Bhul toh nhi gye na mujhe???//