CHAPTER 47

[Darshan]

"Can I meet her?", I asked the doctor who was in all senses wasn't interested in me. "Not now.... U can't meet her as her family members haven't come yet... We can't take the risk...", he replied. What risk was he talking about? The risks she took were greater than this. I never said about it to Prak. I feared that she would at once approach her and even might say something which might hurt her. I waited for 3 fucking days and of course... no one would come to meet her. "Poor child... She has no family... no friends... except one. He often comes to meet her... but he is way older than her, must be her brother", a nurse shrugged and was indulged in the conversation about... obviously Aditi with another nurse. With the thought that she considered herself alone my heart ached.

On the fourth day, I wanted to meet her and so went to the hospital but the doctor said that she was discharged. A thousand of emotions troubled me. How can she? After years I met her and now in a moment she was again away from us. It was a harsh truth for me and a part of me wanted it to be false.... I wanted it to be a dream. I understand it was my fault to simply let her go but now... now what was the fault? that I wanted to apologize... was that my fault? For the next few days I was drifted back to thoughts... thoughts which I didn't want to bother me. Is she okay? What is happening in her life? How is she? Where is she working? What is she doing?.... And a lot more questions were hovering my mind.

Along with these thoughts I was walking in my office. I was engrossed with the thoughts so much that I didn't notice a girl coming from the other end and we bumped with each other. "Sorry" , she muttered looking down and picking up the papers and I helped her. As I heard her voice, my head jerked up and I looked at her. She was still busy in picking up the papers and I could make out that it as her. "Aditi...", it came out of my mouth automatically and she looked up. "D... D... Darshan", she fumbled. Why the heck was she fumbling? I was not going to eat her up. "Oh... So u guys have met each other...", Mr. Dixit's, the manager of the company, voice evoked and broke our little trance.... at least one-sidedly as she was constantly gulping hard and looking else where. "Miss Verma... he is Darshan Raval, our company owner and Darshan, she is Miss Aditi Verma, your new PA", he said and my eyes popped open. Didn't she know that it was me whom she was going to serve or it was on purpose? I was just gawking at her. "So... Miss Verma, wish u a luck", he said shifting his gaze towards Aditi and shaking hands with her. Once he left, I mouthed , "So?". "So, Dars---, I mean sir, I will be joining from tomorrow, so if u don't have any problem, can I leave?", she asked politely even if it sounded harsh. The word 'sir' from her mouth sounded too awkward to me because I never dreamt in my dreams that we would be in such a situation. "Wait a second... I need to talk something... Please come to my cabin", I said. "Yeah sure...", she said pausing for a while to think.

As soon as we entered my chilled cabin which was no less than South pole, I opened my blazer only to place it on my chair and rolled the sleeves of my white shirt up. "So... how is life going on?", I asked due to the fact that I wanted to know everything about her. "As before... hardworking on week days and a drunkard on weekends. The only development is I have quitted drinking daily.", she said sighing off. "Tell me the truth... U didn't know that I owned the company?", I asked again. "The papers mentioned that I was to be the PA of Mr. Raval but there is not only one Mr. Raval... there are many", she said. She had changed a lot. A lot more than I expected. I had a lot of questions to be answered but at that moment, everything vaporized from my mind. I could only see the Aditi I never wanted to see. How many roles on earth can she play? From the childish Alia Singhania to the matured Aditi Verma.... she had a long story. "Mmmm, I guess, I should go now...", she said looking at the table pied up with files and papers. "Yeah.. sure", I said hesitatingly but... I had to. But this time I will try to hold her and never let her go...

//U guys don't have any idea , how badly I wanted to cry while writing this....//