CHAPTER 67

[Aditi]
I dressed myself up in a decent blue Saree and went downstairs where everyone was about to leave for the temple. Not to forget but at morning 5! And don't get surprised... This was Darshan's idea. He mustn't have probably slept all night for going to the temple or he might have tried an useless attempt of setting an alarm which was in no sense going to work for him! I was walking down the carpets and I found Darshan and Prakriti romancing at a corner... In the morning. "Uhu.. Uhu.. ", I fake coughed to gain their attention. They got startled and turned in my direction. "Umm... Aditi... It is not what u r thinking... ", Darshan tried to make an excuse. "Yeah... I know... What it is like... It's better if u get the idea of getting into a bedroom for such things or else someone else may catch you in a more embarrassing manner! ", I lectured them and he lowered his head down. I smiled at his cuteness and said, "Come down...". He nodded but he didn't look happy. I don't know why. It was definitely affecting me to a greater extent... Cause I love him to death. He caught Prakriti by waist and asked her, "Chale? ". It was killing me. I didn't want to see them together... At least on front of my eyes.. But what was I doing? Isn't it me who was going to marry them off? Then? I should stay strong. "Oh miss? Now where are u lost? Let's go... ", he snapped in front of me. "Yeah.. ", I said and started walking beside them. He wrapped his hand around her neck and indulged his eyes in engulfing the beauty in front of him while I was busy appreciating him. Then... Something sharp pricked my feet. I don't know what it was. They both didn't notice that I lagged behind and they both kept on going. I lowered down and looked at my feet. A piece of broken glass had entered my feet causing the blood to ooze out. Pricking the glass piece out of my feet, I searched if there were any more such pieces. I took all the pieces and threw them out the window. I washed the wound carefully... But didn't bandage them.. Or else everyone would know about it.. And I never liked attention... Moreover it was a normal thing for me. I rushed down to find everyone waiting for me. "Sorry... I am late... ", I uttered. "It's okay", dad uttered... From when did Dad turn this soft? As per as my knowledge, he would have half murdered someone for being late. How come he change so much? May be because he loved his second wife to such extent. Walking bare foot was difficult for me. Especially when everyone else was around. I couldn't show that pain to anyone. "What's wrong? ", Netra Didi asked me. "Nothing... ", I muttered as I faced the entrance of the temple. Walking onto the stairs, she asked me, "What happened? Why are u limping? ", she softly asked. And then it struck me that I was actually limping. "Uhh... Nothing.. ", I said correcting my walking posture...
It's painful man...
"Yeah... U r limping without any reason... Stop lying to me.. U know I can even catch your eyes when they are lying... ", she said trying to state a point. "Trust me.. I am okay", I sighed, still facing the entrance. "That is what I can't do... I can't trust you... ", she rolled her eyes. I smiled at her adamancy. "Now show me your feet... Let me see what has happened.. ", she politely asked. "Nothing Didi... ", I literally groaned. "And you think I will believe it? ", she asked. "Sit there and show me... ", she said pointing to the stoned railing along side the staircase. Now there was no point in arguing with her. I sat there and kept my one leg on the other and she gasped. "U should have at least bandaged it... ", she scolded me. "Let's go back.. ", she suggested. "Are you mad? If I would've bandaged it then everyone would have known it creating a lot of drama.... And it is not that critical wound that we would need to go back... ", I retaliated and I could notice drops of tear in her eyes. "Oh.. Didi.. Sorry... I shouldn't have re acted in such a way... I am so sorry.. ", I apologised thinking that I was the sole reason for her tears which was the last thing in the world which I wanted to happen. "No.. It's not for you.. ", she said wiping her tears. I looked at her perplexed. "It's just that.. How much u have changed... The girl who would create a fuss when she would get a small cut.. Now says it's okay even when someone stabs her... Time really changes people... ", she said and I smiled feebly. "Yeah... Situations and time both walk hand in hand when it comes to change attitudes.. ", I responded. "Arre.. U r still here.. Come fast.. Pandit ji is calling all of us.. ", Darshan Came and looking at both of us in a senti position, he softly asked, "What happened? ". "Nothing... It's Bff talks.. ", I replied and Netra Didi chuckled. "U met her yesterday and now she is ur Bff ?", he asked perplexed. "Sometimes new things have an old connection ", I said and Didi nodded while he was confused. "Whatever... Just come fast! ", he said and ran back. I stood up and started walking with Netra Didi's support. She smiled at me and I asked, "What? ". She nodded her head negatively and continued walking towards the family... My dreams.

// IDK why... But today I felt like posting few chapters... So enjoy reading! Love love 😍 😍//