CHAPTER 100

[Aditi]

"Adi, I was thinking something" Darshan said out of the blues which startled me. I looked at him. He was sitting on the kitchen slab and I was slicing the vegetables.

"What?" I asked.

"What if, we both get married along with the Mr. groom and Mrs. Bride?" he asked.

I smiled and responded "Mister, don't make any mistake. You and I, we both know how much important your music is to you right now and also, if you say about it to your parents all of a sudden, they won't be able to process it. And even before they can process it, we would be ma--" I was cut off in middle as he kissed me all of a sudden.

"Shhh How much you talk? I was just joking." he said shaking his head.

It disappointed me a little, but I faked a smile anyway.

"Now, if you are done with your jokes, then come and help me with the dishes." I said so that I could at least use him.

"I... I have to go out... with Nitin, for his sherwani shopping" I knew he was lying but I let him go anyway. Before going, he placed a kiss on my cheek and murmured "Take care".

It was enough for my heart to warm up and I could smile wide.

"He is a good guy, isn't he?" Tara came from behind me and asked. "Maybe...." I shrugged my shoulders.

"What do you mean by 'maybe' ?" she asked me.

"For a complete stranger he is just good. For close ones, he is a bit sweet, a bit sour, a bit tangy and a bit of lovely" I said. Words are not enough to describe him.

"Impressive" Tara said grabbing an apple and sat on the same spot where Darshan was sitting a few moments ago.

"Would you be jealous if someone else tried t win Darshan?" she asked.

"Has Darshan sent you here to check my patience?" I asked.

"Not really. I guess he is sitting in the living room playing video games with Nitin." she said taking a bite from the apple.

"Maybe.... I will be jealous of the girl at the start but as soon as it starts coming to me that he won't choose anyone else over me, I would loose interest in the competition. Because, I already know the results" I said.

"Such answers can be expected only from Mrs. Aditi Raval" she said.

"Hey we aren't married yet" I said and she jumped off the slab.

"What difference does it make? Today or tomorrow you are going to be together" she said. Maybe it was true.

I put the vegetables into the pot carefully.

When the lunch was ready, I went to the living room to call everyone for lunch. With Darshan and Nitin, sat Tara playing with Darshan's hair. In a moment, I felt like I was losing to my own words. I stepped ahead and called all of them for lunch.

While all of them had their lunch, I went from the table.

"Aren't you going to have lunch?" Darshan asked.

"I have some work, I will complete them and then I will have lunch" I smiled and went to my room.

I opened my laptop and a photo of Darshan and me popped up. I smiled ear to ear looking at it.

I opened the file and cross-checked the values and the presentation. At the time, Darshan came and sat beside me. The pencil was tucked in my ears and I had a focused face at the laptop.

"You didn't have lunch?" I asked.

"You didn't, then how can I?" he said lying on my bed.

"But Darshan, you haven't eaten anything since morning" I said.

"I woke up at 11 AM. And besides, I know you haven't eaten since the morning too. So, we will have lunch together" he said playing with the pens.

I smiled on hearing him. Now, I feel like, I am winning to my words.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing"

"Then this smiley face?"

"You are beside me, so I can't frown ever... Because you bring the smile on my face" I said smiling. He smiled with me and hugged me from the side.

"You know that I love you, right?" he asked.

"More than the tenure of the brightness of the stars." I completed.

We shared a kiss, out of love.

"Uhuh" the kiss broke with the interference of someone's cough. Nitin.

"Bachon, aise adult scenes karte waqt darwaza band rakhte hai" he said in a sage's tone.

Darshan jumped out of the bed and caught him by neck. He hit his head. After a while, both of them lied down on my bed.

"Tune lunch kyun nahi kiya?" I asked Nitin.

"Kya baat kar rhi hai? Meri best friend aur mera bhai bhuke hai, mai kaise kha loon?" he said in a melodramatic voice.

"Aur Tara?" I asked.

"Who ghar chali gyi. Boli ki usko kaam hai" he said.

"Oh acha. Chalo, koi nahi. Tum log jaa kar kha lo... I will go in a few minute" I said.

"We don't mind waiting for those few minutes and unlike us, Iss gadhe ne toh breakfast bhi kar liya" Darshan said.

I laughed at it and said, "Then wait just a minute. I will check the last file and go."

That day, I had my lunch with both of them. It was a rare occasion. But the fact that both of them cared for me intensely, warmed my heart. It is true, one day all of it will fade away, but I can enjoy it as long as it exists for me. Maybe life had been terribly inconsiderate towards me in the past, but in the present, it has gifted me the best thing ever. Maybe, if the bad things hadn't happened.... the good things wouldn't have seemed better to me. But, this is life. Unexpected. Unclear. Intolerable. Unpredictable. Lovely. Painful. Exquisite. Beautiful.

// Alright guys, this is the last chapter of Miss Introvert. It is almost one year to this piece. I am so emotional rn. The love it got was unexpected and unpredictable. I love you guys and I will make sure to bring an epilogue to it. This is going to stay in me, forever//