CHAPTER 54

[ADITI]

I felt as if someone had snatched away me from my soul. I was feeling shattered, shuddered, betrayed and alone. As I entered my flat, I slid down the door and buried my face in my palms and cried my soul out. It was getting more difficult for me to hold them in. It was getting more difficult for me to stay alive yet I couldn't die. Enough! I can't stay along with this feeling. We need to part ways or else we would end up nowhere. I wiped off my tears and went straight into the washroom. I had a cold yet long shower which contained my screams without a whimper; which contained my pain without blood; which contained my everything with nothing. How could God make such a crucial feeling called 'love'? It does give you happiness and that happiness makes u feel at the top of the world. But when it gives you pain... it is unbearable. It is worse than all the bloody hurts.... It is worse than getting betrayed. We often believe that we will get a right person for ourselves but we forget that the four chambers of our heart can be given to only one person...who rightly deserves it. I had this strange feeling. The place where I must be happy... I am sad. Really Darshan 'CONGRATS'! Getting the love of your life is not easy. I don't know how to explain that feeling but.... it is a feeling. I decided to shrug it off and switched on the AC which was at some 20 degrees. Chilled, isn't it? I got myself a bottle of beer along with some 'poha' . A long cold shower, AC at 20 degrees and chilled beer. The way to get sick faster. However... I got some files and my laptop and started my work. I can't let my feelings take over me. It was nearly 3.30 AM ... I turned off my laptop. I switched some music to lighten my mood and out of nowhere the song of "MAIN PHIR BHI TUMKO CHAHUNGA" played and it shuffled all my feelings. The feelings which I had shrugged off. The song rightly described my feelings. And how can't you expect me to cry on this song? I let out my tears and pain. I wish we never met Mr. Darshan.

I don't know when I dosed off because the next thing I know was, my alarm clock ringing. Fuck! I was running late... I had a quick shower and skipped my break fast. I don't want to be more late. As I entered the cabin, my head started paining like hell. I took out a pill from my bag and swallowed it. Well... I had a cup of coffee already so I guess.... it was okay. I managed 2 to 3 files even if I was not feeling okay and there he came making every normal thing abnormal. I didn't want to face him. I hid my face behind a file as I studied it. I could feel his brows ready to shoot at me. I didn't want to bump into him. I held a file in my arms and was engrossed in it as I walked through the corridor and oops! I bumped into a manly well - built chest. I didn't look up and started collecting the papers and the person too helped me to collect the paper. It was Darshan.... as I saw him shivers ran down my spine... I felt an urge to hide my face. He held the papers for me with his furrowed brows and I silently took them. Unfortunately, our hands brushed against each other. Moments later he furrowed his brows more like a questioning me. I hung my head low and walked to my cabin. I threw myself on the chair as I busied myself in studying the charts and graphs on the screen. Just then I got a call from Darshan and he asked me to go to his cabin. DEAD! He would however get everything out of my stomach. As soon as I reached his south pole-like cabin, I wanted to run out of it as soon as possible. "So how much degrees?"', he asked. "Huh..What?", I asked in confusion even if I understood a part. "M asking about your fever...", he said and I replied "I...I...I...don't have fever...", I muttered a lie. But whom was I lying to? The DARSHAN RAVAL? He had his own ways. "Don't try to fool around me... Answer me...", he said. "9..9..9..98", I mumbled. He breathed out heavily. He stared at me with a clod look which scared me. "So...98 is less?", he asked with the same expression and I looked down. "Aditi.... Oh god! What are you up to? What do you want ?", he asked with disdain written all over his face. I looked down. "Loneliness....", I muttered. "Huh.... What?", he asked in disbelief. "It is simple that.... I want to be here as one of the staffs and not a friend any more...", I inhaled audibly and said it. "Okay.... Whatever you wish!", he said. "How did you get fever?", he asked and there was no way I could say the truth because it was all my mistake. "Just like every other person...", I replied. "Yeah... like every other person", h echoed silently. I got up from my place to leave and my head started spinning like hell. I just remember myself in a hospital bed.

[DARSHAN]

When she got up to leave, she fainted. I tapped her face but she didn't wake up. I took her to the hospital as soon as possible. "I guess... she had some wrong medicines... we r fortunate that they were low power or else we could have even lose her", Prak muttered and I looked through the glass pane at her. She looked peaceful like a lost child amidst the cruel crowd. It was like the same night when I had first saw her terrified. As soon as she popped her eyelids up. "ARE YOU MAD?", I yelled at her as tears made their way out. Wiping them out, I slowed down. "R u mad?", I softly scolded her. "If you had such terrible head aches then you should have consulted the doctor... u know what... u should have taken a day off... u r lucky that u r alive or else....", the words died in my mouth. I could never say it. "Or else I would have died? ", she smirked at my stupidity of caring for her. "How dare you say it?", I snapped at her. "It is the truth.... I am not here forever....", she said as she looked down at her hands. It was enough... I can't handle it any more. I went to Prak. "Take care of her...", I uttered to her. "Darsh... why can't we take her to our flat? She is weak to do anything. And she lives alone.. so...", she said and it lit up my brain. "But if I say then she won't agree... u say it.", I said and saw her walk in. I looked through the glass pane while they shared an animated conversation. After a while Prak came out. "Our work is done....", she said and I smiled weakly and feebly. I don't know why...HER PRESENCE MADE ME FEEL HER.

// SO BHAI LOG! Kaisa chal raha hai? silent leaders please wake up and do vote for it.... Aapke liye hi likha hai... thoda pyaar barsao//