CHAPTER 97

[ADITI]

They say everything is destined. I sat on the corner most table looking at Darshan and Tara with envious eyes as they shared their coffee. Parting away from him was not difficult, but seeing that my place was taken was much more difficult for me. Could there be any way I could fix my mistakes. The place was getting way too much irritating for me.

I texted Nitin that I was going home and left the place. I lied. I tried to move away from destiny. I lied to my life. I lied to my future by saying that what happens, happens for the betterment of oneself. But, I was wrong. He was the best person I could get and I was the worst he could get. He deserved so much better.

You might forget something and move on. But the time saves them like the Archieve folder in the form of memories. And in situations, it taunts you for your wrong choices in the past. You might learn thousands of lessons, but yet the time will taunt you.

Every drop of tear that took off from my eyes, had his name all over. My soul was already connected with him. I look back at yesterday and regret. I look ahead to future and sigh. I look at today and become dependent on the past and future.

They say, you become stronger by each heartbreak. And I? I could never think of anything.

I was abused by this time. I was haunted by the past and presented. I was so absorbed and tormented by my thoughts that I didn't notice a car coming my way. It hit past me. My body swirled in the air and landed on the rough road. Lips bleeded along with the heart and my hand was injured to a great extent. The driver came out and scolded me for my absent-mindedness. Muttering a 'sorry' , I waled past him.

For a moment, I wanted to forget the world. I wanted everyone to forget everything. For the timing, I went into the hospital. Bandaging my hand and applying first aid on my injuries, I set off. My head ached to a great extent. Passing by, I saw a club. I gazed blankly absent mindedly. I was determined to forget him without the help of alcohol. But it was impossible.

I went in and ordered a shot. The tranquillising, transparent liquid passed down my throat creating a burning sensation as it passed down my chest. Ordering five more shots, I gulped them down one by one until my body felt numb and I could feel nothing.

I could feel my pocket buzz thousands of times but I didn't pay attention to them. My head was spinning like hell. I had promised Nitin that I would never drink ever again. I had promised Darshan that I would never drug. But, with time, relationships are ruined. Friendships are broken. And everything is destroyed.

[DARSHAN]

I could feel her eyes on me as Tara and I talked with each other. I saw her walk out of the café and I knew, what the reason is. I didn't know if what I was doing was correct or not. But, her bold eyes gave away gleam of content and sadness at the same time.

"Love is a mess", Tara commented on the argument we were having about relationships.

"No. It is not. In fact, people who are a mess begin a life of chastity in love. They value the other person's likes and dislikes and you start taking up responsibilities. You understand that in a world, not only your priority but someone else's priority too matters", I concluded my age old long speech, And by the look on her face, I could say she was fazed by the words.

"You are way too serious than you look", she commented.

"Oh believe me. I am not", I replied.

We chuckled. Amidst this chaos and dilemma, my eyes searched for the warmness of her presence.

We roamed around the city for a few more Hours. Shopping, watching movies, we passed our time.

As we entered the house, everything was still. No single movement.

"Where is Aditi?" Vedika aunty asked as we entered.

"She said she was coming home" Nitin furrowed his brows.

"But she has not. I thought she would be coming with you people. Where is she?" Vedika aunty asked worriedly.

Maybe, I know where she is. Maybe, I don't know where she is.

Without saying anyone a thing, I rushed out of the house. I could hear yellings of my name yet I didn't bother. I drove Nitin's bike in full speed towards the small cliff. I hope she is there. It was lightly drizzling. The wind was gushing past me and the wind was the sole reason of the coldness in the atmosphere than the drops.

Pushing past the leaves, I kept walking aware of the fact that there were people coming behind me.

Out of the clearing, one could see the moonlight, but not the moon. Very few stars dimly glowed in the darkness. One could feel the wind passing past the skin. And there one could spot the silhouette of a young lady leaning against a tree watching at the nothingness carefully.

There she was.

I ran towards her.

"Adi...", I yelled. Startled, she faced me. "Come. Everyone is worried for you.", I spoke softly as I neared her. One could smell the raking smell of alcohol from her.

"I will go afterwards", she said looking back at the nothingness. I went near her and looked at the nothingness.

"Isn't it weird that the nothingness teaches you more than everything you have?", she asked.

"Yeah. Because, we can never value everything that we have. After losing everything, you understand their value.", I replied.

I looked ahead as I felt her gazes on me. One pull, I was jerked and moved as I felt soft lips on mine. My eyes were wide open as I tasted the alcohol in her tongue. Slowly, I closed my eyes and snaked my arm round her waist.

"WTF!", I could hear from behind. A few gasps and swearings.

Jerked, she moved away. She averted her eyes and I could see her blush. "I am... err... sorry", she said as she walked past me. My lips felt the coldness as she went away. Nitin came to me and asked, "WTF is happening here?".

"Nothing much, kid. Darshan has passed in his plans", Tara justified as my lips formed a smile.

"What?", Nitin was surprised.

"A long story", I whispered.

"You are bad at it. Say in short", he demanded.

And the next one hour, I explained him everything.

"Woah. That's so... destiny planned bro", Nitin explained at the end.

"I know it..", I said smiling.

"But there is one thing about her. She is an over thinker. She could have picturized another image in her head. And that image is going to worsen everything", I sighed out.

"But there is this thing in Aditi too, that she gets demoralized very quickly. So maybe... You can still get her..", Nitin suggested.

I smiled at him. Hope he has said the truth.

// Hello my dear readers. I hope this chapter brings a smile on all of your beautiful faces. ;)//