CHAPTER 96

[ADITI]

The next day, I found myself at Nitin's house for his wedding preparations. He was getting married in a month or two. It is a very short time period for us.

"Adi, Just take this to Darshan's room" Vedika aunty, Nitin's mom told me, shoving a plate of food towards me. I bit the corner of my lower lip unconsciously. Was I ready to face him yet again? May be.

Respecting her, I took the food tray from her, flashed a smile and went to Darshan's room. Should I knock? It was weird how the distance between us drifted us apart completely. I knocked twice on his door and opened it. He was standing near the mirror grooming himself. God, he has become so thin and bleak. Before it would make him think that I was ogling him, I kept the food tray on the side table and said, "Vedika aunty has sent break fast for you."

With this, I was ready to turn around and go.

"Wait", I heard him say. I turned back again to face him. He came closer and asked, "Did you have breakfast?"

I didn't know what to say. It was like, I had forgotten how to speak out of nowhere. I just nodded positively and turned around to go. "Have you grown an allergy to me or something?", he chuckled at his own lameness and my eyes snapped up to him. In his red T-shirt with black stripes and black jeans, he looked breathtakingly beautiful; just as indescribable as the beauty of sunset.

The sun would rise and fall and I would still be stuck at the point where I am praising him.

"You want something?", he asked. I shook my head immediately and went out. What the heck just now happen? I was falling in love with him once again, knowing he has no intentions of holding me now.

I knew I can never un-love him. I know no one can hate him once one has loved a pure soul as him. I loved him more than the ocean can hold water. I loved him more than the vast land of a desert. I loved him more than the dreams one builds at night. I just simply loved him.

There is a difference between breaking and healing. Not just that once snatches your breath away, and the other helps you breathe properly, but one helps you realize your mistake, or the mistakes your loved ones have made while the latter, helps you accept the reality. One keeps you stuck at one point and the latter? The latter helps you walk through the point.

I walked up to Vedika aunty and started helping her in packing the gifts for the guests. Nitin, Tiara, tara, Amit and Darshan came out as a gang.

"Adi", Nitin called out for me. I faced him and he said, "We are going out for a movie. Come, join us?"

I so wanted to join my best friend for the last time before his marriage and just then, I looked at Darshan. His eyes still reflected the glorious rays of hopes and happiness. "No, I have some work. I will join you guys later", I tried to flash a smile and Nitin groaned. "Ugh. Come on! Don't be such a spoilsport! You know we won't be able to spend this time after my marriage!", he whispered near my ear and I giggled while Tiara and Tara shoot curious glances towards us.

"I think you should go. There are just some more gifts which I will do by myself", Vedika aunty said and it promoted Nitin's enthusiasm.

"See, now mama is with us too. Now you have to come. We are not going to take up any excuses", Nitin said like an adamant kid. I let out a small giggle. "Okay. Wait for a few minutes. I will be back", I said as I went to my room. The smile which was showing off in front of everyone, now took off. The waves of tears which were managed to be suppressed tight behind the eyes, now dropped down. Like the heavy, gray clouds which break down, I too, broke down. I didn't know the storm battling within me was too much.

He would be more happy with Tara, for no doubt. I made a mistake, he had to suffer. Now he made the correct choice, I need to back off. Wiping my tears, I wore my toothy smile and put on my jacket as I walked towards the car. Just like an armor, my glasses protected my eyes from the curious sympathy looks. I was sitting at the back with Darshan. He was engaged in a talk with Tara. I guess it was very important. I didn't realize how hard I had fallen for him until and unless I rejuvenated with him.

I averted my gazes to out of the window. The lush green trees were in a rush and the sky blue skies passed swiftly. Time too passed swiftly with them.

// Hola guys! how are you all? Btw, it is a short chapter coz my forefinger is paining too much just because of typing too much. I am writing another bomb for you all. Wait for it to find out//