CHAPTER 18

[Aditi]
Everything was sorted with Darshan. I apologised to Rahul for my behaviour and we became friends. I kinda liked Rahul because he was as thoughtful as me. It was lunch break. After picking up Manvi, I just sprang into the library. As I neared the library someone blocked my path. I looked up to find that it was Darshan. "U look tired and hungry", he said holding a steel tiffin box towards me. I looked at him blankly. "Now please don't decline it. I woke up my mom at 5 and forced to make these for u. ", I looked at him in shock and said, "Hey, it's so sweet of u but u needn't do it.. ". "Hey, now stop it and come to the canteen ", he said. "But... ", I was saying something while he cut me off and said, "No buts and ifs. U r eating it and that's it.. ". "But darshan, hardly 20 minutes are left for the lunch break to get over. ", I said. "Hey, please.. I don't want to get scolded from mom for not finishing my extra lunch I asked her to make.. ", he said making a puppy face. I couldn't deny and walked into the canteen.  "Hello guys.. What's going on? ", I heard Rahul say as he came and sat beside me. "Just forced lunch.. ", I said sarcastically looking at Darshan. "If it's forced.. May I have a bite", he asked. I willingly gave the whole tiffin to him while Darshan said, "Don't u dare to do that. ". "Aweee", Rahul's voice melted. "Hey, now don't be that rude to him", I said and gave him the whole tiffin. He monstrously hogged upon the food. "Hey, leave something for her", Darshan said slightly slapping his upper arm. "No need. I am full ", I said. "Only with 4-5 spoons? ", he asked in disbelief. "Yeah.. I guess.. But no one can beat me drinking beer", I said with a wink. "Hey, u drink? ", Rahul said shifting his gaze from the food. "Yeah... ", I said casually. "Then, sometime we should do a battle", he said and I chuckled. "Are u guys insane? ", Darshan said hearing our conversation. "Yeah.. Coz sanity kills and sucks", I said. "But keep some sanity too", he said. "Hey, stop arguing u both. ", Rahul's voice emerged and handed over the lunch box to Darshan. "Oh gosh Rahul, u r such a monster.. U ate the whole box of poha! ", Darshan judged. "Hey, he didn't have the whole box. I had some before", I said winking at him. For the first time I was smiling so much. But that smile didn't stay on for too long. Manohar chacha called me and said that he had to say something important. So I rushed home. "Beta, it is so hard for us to say but we have to say it.. ", Manohar chacha said in a sad tone. "Chacha, what happened? Is everything okay? ", I asked sandwiching his palms. "Beta, we have to go to Varanasi, my hometown because circumstances aren't well there and we may end up shifting there", he said. My heart dropped. I was getting homeless again. But before I could break down, I said, "It's okay chacha. Ur work is much more important. U should go back and don't worry about me. I will manage". I don't know how I will manage myself but I assured him. I went to my room and changed. I went to my work and said Rajesh everything. "U will manage.. Believe me.. ", he assured me. I passed on a feeble smile. I couldn't depend on Rajesh to stay in his house coz he was in a more miserable condition. His mom used to stay unwell and he would work his asses off to pay for his mom's hospital bills. That day I didn't want to visit Darshan so I messaged him.

Aditi: Hey! Please don't come today to walk back with me.

Darshan: But why? Is there anything serious?

Aditi: Relax.. It's nothing like that. Just wanted to go back home alone today.. That's it.

Darshan: Okay.. As u wish ;)

I was feeling a bit relieved but what about tomorrow? One day I have to face him. Manohar chacha and his family will be leaving within the next month and I had to search for a place to live in before they go.

The next day at college, I tried to avoid Darshan as much as I could. I avoided eye contact with him and even sat in other places when he would come near me. And I would even turn around when I would see him coming towards me. I didn't want to talk with him. But as I walked down the corridors, I felt someone holding me tight and pulled me to the corner covering my mouth. "Relax, it's me Darshan", the voice came as he removed his hand from my mouth. "What the fuck is wrong with you? ", I asked. "The question should be what is wrong with you?", he said back. "Means?? ", I asked confused. "From morning I am seeing. U r not talking with me nicely and even u r not sitting with me. What happened? Did I do anything wrong? ", he asked cupping my face. "No.. It's nothing.. U did nothing.. ", I said looking away from his tantalising caramel brown eyes. "U can share it with me and believe me if it's a secret , it's safe with me", he said winking at me. "Okay, but let's go to the fire exit", I said. "But why? ", he questioned and I gave him a death glare. He obeyed and we sat on a stair. "Now say me what happened? ", he asked and I broke down. It was too much for me. "Hey, what happened? ", he said , his voice giving way to concern. "I don't know from where to start", I said. "Start from the scratch and I will understand ", he said. I smiled and asked, "U know Manohar chacha and Ruksar chachi? ".  "Oh yeah! Actually Rajesh said me! What happened to them? ", he asked again. "Wait r u collecting details about me? If yes then sorry Mr. Raval u won't be able to get anything", I said lightly. "Hey, that's not the point. Just say what happened ", he asked. "Well, they are shifting back to Varanasi ", I said monotonously. "And u? ", he prompted. "Looking for a new house", I said in the same monotonous way. "So what has it to do in ignoring me?", he came to the point. "Actually, I don't like to share my problem to anyone. Rajesh knows me since I came here so I discuss everything with him and also he is 5 years older than me so he can help me out through any situation. ", I narrated. "And why do u try to keep so much to yourself? ", he was shooting questions like arrows. "Bcoz, the world irrespective of your problems judges u with no relevance. It will do only two things. Either show sympathy or mock u. And I don't like sympathy from the people close to me nor can I bear mocking from them.. ", I explained my thoughts to him. "Who gives a fuck about the world? Let them say what they want. The point is , the ones who will stay by you even in ur difficult times is ur close one and the ones who leave u never thought u close. How does that matter? The only thing that matters is that u have people to care about u", he said and I must say I was fascinated by his words. Simple yet chaste, just like him. "Well, for the first time I saw u crying like a baby. The sight was fascinating ", he said , chuckling and I hit him slightly on the upper arm.

// Hi guys! I had absolutely no idea of posting this chapter but then I couldn't resist myself. Tomorrow is my literature exam and here I am writing a chapter with 1300+ words!! Wish me luck!! //