CHAPTER 48

[DARSHAN]

"May I come in sir?", a soft voice entered my ears. I took it for Aditi and said , " Yeah... come in Aditi". "Aditi?", a questioned voice entered and as soon as I realized it, my head jerked up. "P...P...Prak... what r u doing here?", I asked. "Just came to give you a surprise but what is the matter with Aditi?" , she caught it at once. "Oh.. N..N.. Nothing", I fumbled. I feared that Aditi might enter any time. "What's with the fumbling?", she asked. "f... F.. Fumbling and me?... No..", I shrugged and I was just peeking at the glass pane to see if Aditi at anytime would pop out and what I feared happened. She was coming... I signaled her to go but she didn't look at me even once. "Sir, I need --", she stopped at once when she looked at me and Prak. "I guess.... I should have knocked and come... I am sorry", she said and turned. "Wait a second...", Prak said and stopped her. Yes... it was happening. Oh god... Please end it u as a dream... someone wake me up!!! "Aditi?", she asked looking at her and she just looked down. "Oh God!!After so many years!!", she shrieked as she hugged her and I could make out the tears forming in her waterline. "I need a lot to talk to u", she said holding her hands. "Prakriti, this is work time... I will talk to u later", she said as she darted out of the cabin. Prakriti faced me and asked, "Since when u have been hiding her from me?". "Hiding... and you? She just joined yesterday...", I said fumbling. "Be honest!!", she screamed at me. "U remember that accident? the victim was her...", I revealed. "Why u didn't say me?", she asked. "I was scared u may say her something wrong... or ask something for which she might not be prepared...", I accepted. "What made u think that? All these days I wanted to apologize to her...", she said and we burst out into laughter on my folly.

[ADITI]

I never expected my life to take such a turn. The only person I kept in contact was Rajesh. A lot has changed within this short span. I could never move on from him... nor did I want to. I lied to him. I was in a mere pain. On this context, I was hardworking during daytime but a drunkard at night. Only he was treasured in the four chambers of my heart. I heard loud laughters from his cabin which was just opposite to me. A smile which contained pain crept up my lips and a tear drop showing my pain rolled down. He was still contaminated in my mind. U can say that I had turned into a lady Devdas by now. I looked blankly out of the window which had nothing except clouds. Moments later I shifted my gaze to the file I was holding and blankly checked the file with a disturbed mind.

"Hey!", a heavy yet cheerful voice evoked my ears. Yes it was none other than Darshan. "Sir... U here? U would have called me... I would have come...", I said once I got up from my chair. "Relax..my dear Aditi.. relax" , he tried to calm me down... but it was of no use... this disturbance was caused 5 years ago and is continuing till now. "For a moment think that I am not your boss... We r friends... like college days... now please will u talk to me?", he asked. No one can be as foolish as him... I was dying to talk with him since the last 5 years... I was yearning to hear his voice... I know he has earned a great reputation in the field of music but his heavy yet cheerful voice was what only I had heard, felt and loved. I nodded my head positively. "So.. where did u go after that and why?", he asked not looking at me and my head jerked up at him. "Somewhere far from u... weren't u happy?", I asked gazing at the window. "U wanted us to be happy... but u left us with the feeling of guilty and with tears and pain...", he said. Tears crept up my eyes. "May be that's why my destiny dragged me to square one...", I said still looking at the window. "Listen... I know it was a mere pain for u ... but please if u can... please forgive me...", he said clasping his hands together on the table. "US", I heard a voice from outside and it was Prakriti. Coming inside she said, " Please if u can then forgive us". "What did u both even do that u r apologizing?", I asked and they didn't have an answer. I smirked and then said, "When I was 19, a boy name Darshan Raval had said me that we must not be sorry for what we never did..." . A smile lit up his face... Oh god please pause the time!! "U still remember it?", he aksed. "How couldn't I when I never forgot it?", I asked. "U want to know our fault?", Prakriti asked and I looked on expectantly. "We were and are the reason for ur pain", she said. "It was never your fault... it was my fault that I let my feelings over my brain... even when I knew that I never deserved any one... I still came close to u two and this is the reason for my pain", I said sighing off and wearing a painful smile. "Now don't start giving philosophical lectures...", I stated when Prakriti was about to say something. "Well... I guess... I should go...", she said. "Yeah... I will drop u...", Darshan said and in a moment I was stranded alone in the cabin.... just as in my life.

// I am already feeling guilty for doing such stuffs.... Oh god please forgive me!!!//