CHAPTER 74

(Prakriti)
I went behind him... Literally... I followed him when he got out of my room. He didn't go to his room but he went to Aditi's room. I felt devastated... Really? No. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I skipped a heart beat. I turned around to find Netra didi. She motioned me to be quiet and together we went near the door.

"Has anything happened?", Darshan's voice came. "No... I don't think so..", it seemed Aditi's voice. "Then why are they continually asking about u and me?", he asked nervously. Wait... Was he hiding something ? "Who they?", she asked. "Netra didi and prakriti", he briefly replied. She huffed and said, "Oh god!! They have misunderstood that I love you... That's it".

Okay, that is devastating....

I felt an urge to go inside to knock some senses into her but Netra didi held me back. "Seriously?!", he chuckled humorlessly and her laugh mingled with hers. "So... U r not in love with me?", he suddenly asked.

Good job Darshan!

"Yeah... I am in love with u since long...", she said in a tone which sounded sarcastic. "Oh god... So r u here to break my relationship?", he gasped dramatically. "Surely", she huffed. There was a lot if truth hidden in this melodrama. Then they both laughed continually.

"Aditi... I need to say something...", he continued.

Darshan... Go for it... Say it...

"Yeah... Say", she evoked him. "Actually... I remember something from that night.. And I was so embarrassed to ask u about the details... So.. I didn't dare to ask u", he said and from the corner of the door, I looked at them. She was frozen at her place.

"Wh.. What exactly do u remember?", she asked him nervously. "That... That... Uhh.. How should I say??", he groaned... What were they talking about? "Umm.. Just ur neck and stuff...", he nervously and finally said. I glanced at them... She was already looking tensed. "Oh.. Okay..", she said.
"Look... Aditi... If anything else had happened... Then can u say me please..", he requested. "Before anything could happen.. I took u to prakriti...", she said now calmly. Okay... What was going on? "Seriously? Is that it?", he asked and she nodded... While I knew she was lying... This was not it... Something else was there which she was hiding.
"Okay... I should... Probably get going..", he awkwardly said.

After he went out.. We both went in. "So what happened 'that night'?", I asked her almost yelling. She looked at us as if she hadn't noticed us. "When did u guys come?", she asked us. "That is not the answer", I said with my arms crossed over my chest. "Which night are u talking about?", she asked. "About the night YOU were talking with Darshan", didi said. "Eavesdropping other's conversation is not good...", she said to us smirking. "It has Darshan involved in it and I have a right to know everything about him...", I said and as soon as I realized how I reacted I felt guilty. She was still smirking.

"You won't say?", I asked for the last time. "No.", was her brief answer. "Okay.. Let me ask Darshan", I said and was ready to go out when she called out for us. "Hey.. Wait..", she called out for us. "We won't until u say us..", we demanded. "Okay.. So ... It was just nothing... That day in the camping... Darshan and I were in the forest... He was completely drunk and.. And." , she trailed off... I fear for the worst. "And?", I asked. "Things just got a bit hot... Like... He was nearly going to kiss me... But before that I brought him back to u", she said running a hand through her hair. "Is that it?", I asked. "Yeah..", she said.

"Nothing else?", I asked. "No.", she replied. "Lying?", I asked. Her eyes widened in fear and then again she covered them up. "N..no..", she stuttered. "Stop lying bcoz I can catch u", didi said. She had been quiet all this time. Aditi was quiet. "Aloo", didi called out sternly. She was still. I turned her around as she had her face turned away from us. She didn't meet my eyes. "Say it..", didi said. "I told him that I love him... But perhaps he has forgotten..", she finally broke her ice.

What?

Why?

When?

Holy freaking lord!!!

"R u fucking serious?", didi said. "Yes", she replied. I turned around to go to Darshan. I can't do this marriage.  But she came in front of me and looked into my eyes.  "Please... Stay...  Don't do this to him.. He loves you... ", she said.  "Are u serious? Like...  U love him and can't live without him but u r asking me to stay with him? ", I asked with my jaw dropped open. She lowered her eyes and said, "Please.... He loves you... Or at least he thinks so... His world's fits into u... His eyes fill with happiness when he is with u... Please", her words dug into my heart. I don't know what to do. She had her eyes pleading and Netra Didi's eyes with anger. What should I do? "Okay... I won't do anything now...  But anything might happen... ", I said and Netra Didi gave a vicious smile to her.  We went out of her room. I could sense the tense that must be arising in her. I just know what she must be thinking or what she is about to do. But Aditi..  U made a great mistake...  U shouldn't have accepted it... Now everything will happen against ur will..  Mind u Aditi...

// so how is the Josh? //