CHAPTER 73

(Prakriti)
Today was the mehendi  ceremony. I was all dolled up with my friends by my side, applying henna , dancing, singing and being happy. It was so beautiful.

I glanced at Aditi who was busy arranging everything. Pfft. This girl got no chill.

"Aditi", I called out for her. She turned her heads towards me and headed towards me. "Yes... Do u need anything?", she asked nearing me. "You sit here and why don't u apply some mehendi? ", I asked her. "No. Thanks.", she briefly replied and got up to go. I pulled her back and ordered her, "Oh come on! You are not spending the whole night working here and there. It is an occasion girl... Enjoy!", I said. She giggled for a minute.

I guess... How come Darshan doesn't fall for her... She is too good for anyone...

"Okay", she said defeated. I chose a beautiful design and asked the girl to apply it on her hands. From the genuine smile she held.... It looked that she faked happiness. "U r happy na?", I asked. "Yes", she replied with genuine wide eyes. "Why are u asking this?", she asked. "Bcoz... Umm.... Nothing", I said after thinking. I didn't know the answer to it. I felt like an idiot. 

After sometimes, my phone buzzed. 'Darshan' , it flashed. A wide smile tugged upon my lips. Now... My hand was completely covered with henna... So I couldn't pick up the call. Ad it had her one hand free... So, she picked up the call for me. She held the phone near my ears and I guess.... If she was eavesdropping.

"Hey beautiful", he said from the other end. "Hello handsome", I said from this end. "Miss beautiful... I want to talk to u... Can we meet?", he asked. "Umm... Okay.. But where?", I asked. "Come to ur bedroom", he said. "U sound so naughty today", I chuckled and he too chuckled. "Okay... I am coming", I mentioned.

I looked at Aditi who had a serious expression. "Umm... Aditi.. I will be back in a minute... I hope u won't mind", I asked politely. "Yeah... Yeah.. You should go... Darshan is waiting patiently for u", she joked. Did it make me blush? Heck no..

Happily I was walking through the corridors when I heard Netra didi and dad talking.

I hate eavesdropping... But I had to.

"We have to stop the marriage", it seemed like Netra didi's voice.

"But how?", dad asked, "already everything is arranged... Then what else can we do?", he continued.

"However... We have to do it..", Netra didi spoke.

It killed my insides. I went inside and they faced me. "Why?", I asked with abrupt tears. "Pr.. Pra... Prakriti?", Netra didi sounded shocked. "I need my answer", I said with a firm voice. Netra didi looked around while dad processed something. Finally he said, "Bcoz... Alia loves Darshan".

Freeze.
Faces away from phones...
Stop the train.

"What?", I asked utterly shocked. "Yes... It is... She loves him since the first day.... I even forced her to say it to Darshan... But uss kamini ne mujhe khud ki kasam dedi... Neither could she say it ... Nor could I ... Even uncle tried to say it... But she played her game well..", Netra didi said after a while.

Really? Did Aditi aka Alia... Love Darshan? Why did she never say it to me? Why she never said it to Darshan? Why?

"Ho gya family drama?", a voice came from behind. Aditi was standing against the wall with arms crossed. "Madam... Agar family drama khatam ho gya ho toh... Darshan se Milne ka kasht karegi?", she again asked in a light voice... Or at least she tried to keep a light voice.

She came to me and held my hand trying to drag me. I stood still. She turned towards me with questioning eyes.

"U love Darshan?", I asked or said... I myself don't know. Her face turned into a soft one. Her eyes wide. She glanced past me at dad and didi. She again looked at me and a gentle smile played on her lips. She cupped my face and said, "Yeah... I do... But the difference between my love and your love is that... I love him enough to let him go... You love him enough to hold him forever".

Was she correct?

"But if u can let go of love... Then you can hold him forever..", I said in retaliation.

Another gentle smile. God!! How can she be so calm with this? "He loves YOU", she said.

"No... He doesn't... He loves YOU... You should hear how happy he looks when he talks about u... How much sad he looks when anything happens to u.. Like if it is his fault... You should see... How much he cares about you... You should feel... How much he LOVES you", I responded.

She glanced at me. "He is HAPPY with you... And please... Stop this... He is waiting for you..", she said. How can she let go of her love? How? How can she find excuses to show that her love... Loves someone else? How can she not be jealous? How can she accept the harsh truth? How can she see him being someone else's? How?

As soon as I reached into my room. Darshan looked at me with a smile. "You are looking beautiful", he muttered into my ears. I forced a smile. He snaked his arms around my waist. "You made me wait soooooo longgggggg", he said which made me chuckle. He started placing warm kisses around my neck and collar bone.

Hey! It is wrong.

I tried pushing him away... But he held me tight. Aditi's words rung in my ears, "He LOVES you... He is HAPPY with you". Is it so?

"Darshan....", I called for him... He hummed against my collar bone. "You love me?", I asked. He pushed himself away from me forcibly and looked into my eyes. "What are you saying? I do .... Love you", you can expect the pause. "Why are you asking this question?", he asked... "Because... I feel like... we r rushing things", I replied. "Oh.. Come on! We have been together for 6 years... Now don't say this", he spat in annoyance. "R u happy with me?", I asked. He pressed the back of his palms against my fore head and asked, "Do u have fever?".

I swatted his hands off and said,"Just answer my question". "Obviously... I am happy with you because I am in love with you..", he said. I can never say that I love him... Yeah... I mean.. I like him.. But not love him.. "Think twice before answering my next question", I warned him. "Is this any sort of KBC?", he asked annoyed.

"A sort of..", I said. "Then what will I get if I win?", he asked. "You are not winning anything because all the questions are related to u", I said and he made a pucker face. "Okay fine... Ask", he said surrendering. "What would you do if Aditi would be in my place?", I asked finally. His face dropped. He looked with a serious expression in my eyes.... Deep. "Why do u ask that?", he asked. "Just reply", I sternly ordered. "I don't know...", he briefly replied.

This brief reply said it all... This single 'I don't know' can save lives. "I guess.. I should go to my room..", he said getting up from his place and went away leaving me in wonders... And thoughts...

// So... How was it? The end is way too far... Isn't it good? Or is it good?//