Three

"G-grwandmaaa! Grwandmaaa.." the little angel called out once more before breaking into small quiet sobs.

He's been walking around the woods, following the shadow that he saw running deeper in the forest.

The night is dark and the silence is almost deafening. The crickety sounds even make the feeling more eerie for the little one who lost his way in the middle of nowhere.

His cute little hands are trembling from fear everytime he hears a movement from the bushes and when aggressive howling of an unknown creature starts to fill the air from time to time.

"G-grwand-m-maaa! I'm scarwed.." He called out again, hoping for his grandmother to appear from the darkness that envelopes him.

His feet are already covered in dirt and cuts, but he did not mind. After walking for almost an hour now, his baby tummy starts growling in hunger and his mouth feels dry from lack of water.

Taehyung walks some more until he saw an empty cave. He made baby steps forward with his little flashlight that starts to flicker.

"No please lighty. Don't die now." He carassed the flashlight that seems to have run out of battery. The light flickered some more even before Taehyung was able to enter the cave.

"No more lighty..." and that seems to get the best out of him. Little tiger began crying loud as an amplifier. He did not care whether his cries were the only thing heard in the woods.

"Grandmaaa! Grandmaaa! Jinniehyung! Namjooniehyung! Taetae is scarwed... so dark.. please help Taetae..."

The pitiful child slumps on the ground as he cries his heart out. His small body trembles in utter fear of not being able to go back home to his family.

His little mind starts to think of bad things. What if a ghost comes out and eats him?

As if on cue, the bushes start moving, indicating that something is coming out slowly.

"W-who's therwe?" Taehyung whispered in between his sobs.

Large feet came out, revealing an angry looking wolf with its teeth portruded seemingly ready to attack.

"W-wolfie?" The little boy's face lit up as he stared at the wolf's red blazing eyes.

The wild animal growled as it slowly advanced near the boy with his large innocent eyes shining in delight thinking that he finally met the wolf in his grandma's stories.... or is it?

The wolf started salivating staring at its decent meal after a long time. It cautiously walked toward the small boy who's now understanding the situation that he's in.

It's not the alpha wolf in the stories. This one is just a hungry wolf waiting to devour him to bits.

"G-get away! Shoo!" Taetae stood up backing away at the angry creature. He was able to move away a little before falling down back on the ground when his left feet slipped on a stone behind.

This gave the wolf a chance to leap and hover above the boy who squeaked in utter horror.

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

---

Back home, when the morning comes, Luella checked on the children for breakfast.

Her smile instantly faded seeing that the little one who's supposed to be sleeping in the middle of the two older boys is nowhere to be seen.

She checked the whole place and even outside but it's clear as the day that Taehyung is missing.

With two cold feet and a beating heart, Luella went back inside the house to alarm the boys.

"Namjoon! Jin! Wake up!" Her movements are brash, tapping the boys' thighs with urgency.

Namjoon's eyes instantly opened up while Jin still murmurs in his sleep.

"Mmh sleep... early" Jin muttered as he closes his eyes again.

"Honey! Where is Taehyung?!" Luella asked in horror.

"Tae? Isn't he sleeping her---" Namjoon's eyes widened in fear, staring at the empty space beside him.

"Grandma! He's here when we sleep!" Namjoon said almost in the brink of tears.

This made Jin finally stir and wake up. He sat on the bed with his hands wiping his eyes.

"What's the problem grandma? Why are we waking up early today?" He asked innocently.

"Jin, darling, Taehyung is not here. Do you happen to know where he went?" Luella looked at the oldest, hoping that Taehyung said something to him before going out somewhere.

"Taehyung? No grandma. Why? Where is he?" Jin looked at Namjoon. He's clearly not yet getting what's happening at the moment.

Luella seems to have lost all her strength, her knees buckled making her fall on the bed clutching her heart in utter fear.

"Grandma!" Namjoon held his grandma's wrinkled hands for support.

"Don't worry grandma. We're going to find him. Please don't be scared."

Luella bursts into tears. This got Jin rushing to her side.

"My poor Taehyung... my poor little one..." She sobs hard, body shaking in fear of the unkown.

"Grandma..." Jin is also in tears, seeing how his grandmother cries this hard for the first time.

"Don't worry grandma. We'll find him and he'll be alright."

or will he not?