Twenty Two

"You should go out once in a while Tae."

The blonde smiled, feeling Jimin's soft hand caressing his locks. The older has entered his room, immediately looking concerned upon seeing him slumping on the bed like a helpless child.

"Look at you." Jimin touched his swollen face, probably from sleeping and crying all day.

"You look like a winter bear, hibernating all day."

Taehyung giggled as Jimin pinches his cheeks.

"Jiminie! That hurts." Taehyung pouted, covering his cheeks with both hands.

Jimin laughs, eyes becoming crescents, looking so adorable and cute. "If you don't want me pinching your swollen cheeks, go out. There are a lot of places where you can go outside. Trust me."

Taehyung slumped back on the bed, eyes full of hesitations. He curled into a ball, facing Jimin.

"But I'm afraid to go out. What if the other werewolves attack me?" The blonde nipped his fingernail, a habit he does whenever he's anxious.

Jimin laughed at this. "Tae honey, no one in this pack will ever lay a finger on you again. You're the alpha's mate, beautiful. Everyone here will protect you. I am here to protect you." Jimin touched Taehyung's face, loving and caring for the human.

Taehyung automatically leaned in the older's hand, feeling the warmth that held assurance and comfort. He closed his eyes, basking in the moment of serenity.

"..... Jiminie," Taehyung whispered, eyes still closed.

"hmm?" Jimin stared at the human's lovely face, his hand still caressing.

"how can a human like me be a mate of a werewolf, and not just any werewolf, the alpha for that matter?" the blonde opened his eyes and landed on Jimin's brown ones.

"Why do I still have his mark? Am I not human?"

For a moment, Jimin just stared at the blonde, lips tightly closed. His hands suddenly stopped caressing Taehyung's face.

The two just stared at each other, until the blonde can no longer take the silence.

"... Jiminie.." He called out, making the older blink a couple of times as if he just awaken from a deep trance.

".. Hmm? You were saying?"

A soft pillow hits Jimin's face, landing perfectly on the center.

"Ya! Jiminie! You're not listening?!" Taehyung grabbed another pilow on his side, throwing it again on the older who's now laughing.

Jimin was able to block the attack this time, eyes teary from laughing hard.

"I am being serious here but you're not listening!" Taehyung pouted, arms crossed.

"How can I listen to you when you're being so cute?" Jimin pinched Taehyung's cheeks once more, the latter struggling to move away.

"Stop it Jiminie!" The blonde giggled, feeling the older's hand now on his side, tickling him.

"I won't stop unless you come with me outside!" the older keeps on tickling the blonde, who's now a crying mess.

"OKAY!... OKAY! HAHAHA" Taehyung shouted, still laughing hard as he tries to block Jimin's tickling hands.

"I'll go out! I'll go out!" the blonde covered his sides, panting from exhaustion.

"Good." Jimin stood, fixing his disheveled hair and clothes.