Forty One

It's always after the chaos that everything finally starts to sink in. War always leaves both sides shattered and broken, whether the attacker or the one who was attacked.

The fire keeps on burning the whole pack, dead bodies scattered all over the ground, some were lucky enough to stay alive, wounded but fighting hard to still breathe.

Jungkook slowly stood, not minding the pain seeping through his bleeding neck. He lifted Taehyung in his arms, cradling him near as tears flow down his eyes.

He stared at his mate's closed eyes, his body trembling in fear at the feeling of Taehyung's breath slowly faltering.

"T-tae... love...Wake u-up." He cried, feeling the surging pain crushing his heart to pieces.

"P-please..Oh God.. Please!" He clutched Taehyung's body firmly in his arms as tears continue to flow down his cheeks.

Jackson saw the pain in his alpha's eyes, the kind of pain he has never seen before. He felt so afraid as Jungkook's aura starts to weaken alongside Taehyung's.

Jackson steps forward, only to halt his movements when Jungkook started walking away with no direction and clearly unfocused.

"A-alpha.." He called out, but the latter did not even spare him a glance as if he didn't hear anything.

Jungkook just keeps on walking, passing through the dead bodies. He has lost his mind, unable to think of anything as he feels Taehyung's breathing slowly coming to a stop.

Jackson starts to panic at the behavior of Jungkook. He searched around for someone to help him snap the alpha back to reality.

He saw Yoongi bending his knees down on the ground, hands shaking as he lifts Jimin's dead body.

There is pain in his eyes as tears trickle down his face. "J-Jimin.." He murmurs, choking on his sobs as he calls his name over and over again. "J-Jimin.. Jimin!.." He cried out, hugging the dead man in his arms, wailing the pain that finally sinks in after the fear and terror they felt during the war.

He regrets everything, not those things he did, but those he weren't able to do.

The things he should've done and told Jimin before.

He has loved Jimin in silence, just settling down on friendship even though he wants more. He has restrained his feeling for years, not wanting to taint their brotherhood.

But now, he regrets everything.

He hates himself for not taking risk, for not fighting for his love regardless of the outcome... for being such a coward.

Now, he's left with only pain and regret as he embraced Jimin with his trembling hands.

He has lost his love who has never been his even from the start.

Jackson came to him, his eyes full of sympathy towards the man who lost someone so precious.

"Yoongi.." He tapped his shoulders, only to be pushed away by the latter who continues to call out Jimin's name.

"YOONGI! Please snap out of it! Jimin's dead and we can't do anything about it!" He shouted, wanting Yoongi to finally snap out of it.

Yoongi looked at him, face full of tears and anger. "You don't know how I feel! You will never know how painful it is.. you will...never." He cried out once more, caressing Jimin's face.

Jackson held Yoongi by his shoulders, gripping and forcing him to look at him. "Yoongi! Cut the fuck up!! I need you to stay sane. Please!! Not you too! Please... our pack needs us." He whispered, voice shaking in desperation.

This seems to snap Yoongi back to reality. He stared at Jackson's serious and pleading eyes before finally nodding his head.

Yoongi lifted Jimin's dead body and slowly made his way on a nearby tree. He carefully placed Jimin on the ground, caressing his face and planting a soft lingering kiss on his forehead as tears continue to roll down his eyes. He whispered "I love you" for the first time as he chokes on his tears.

He slowly stood, wiping away his tears before rushing to help their wounded comrades.

Jackson went to help out the wounded children and women, while Yoongi came to attend to Yugyeom and the others who were badly beaten and hurt.

Their movements are quick, gathering everyone who were able to stay alive. Only a small number of wolves were able to survive, wounded and traumatized.

All the while, Jungkook kept on walking away, his eyes fixated somewhere beyond his eyes could grasp, mind totally losing all reasons.

Yoongi saw his alpha's current state. He quickly ran, stopping in front of the dazed alpha to halt him.

"Jungkook!" He called out, gripping the alpha by his shoulders to stop him.

"Jungkook! Look at me!" He held the alpha's face with both hands, forcing him to meet his gaze. However, alpha's eyes are like blank canvas, no emotion, no anything.

Yoongi felt the fear on his chest at the alpha's state. He looks so disoriented and hopeless.

Due to panic, he swings his fist on the air and landed a heavy punch on the alpha's face.

"JUNGKOOK! Wake up!" He grips him by his shoulders, finally getting some reaction from him.

"Wake up! It's not the time for you to lose your head, Jungkook. Look around you! Look at your people!" He harshly turned him around, facing the remaining wolves who are staring at him with hopeful eyes.

The alpha stared at those faces, every wound, every tear and every sad smile made him feel a more surging pain in his heart.

"You are not the only one who's feeling pain, Jungkook. You're not the only one who lost someone." Yoongi firmly stated, gripping the alpha by his arm.

"There are a lot of people depending on you. You can't lose your shit right now. You are the alpha, and you should be protecting your people at all cost." Yoongi reminded, which finally pulls Jungkook back to reality.

There was a long silence, with Jungkook only staring at his men's faces as tears continue to pool down his eyes.

Yoongi is right. He has to snap out of it and start rebuilding what they have lost.

Everyone is depending on him.

With Taehyung in his hands, he stood in front of his people, putting aside all emotions. He needs to be tough for his family.

He lost everything before but was able to start again. Now, he has to do it again.

But this time, he's not alone.

He has to make sure his pack gets back up on their feet, so when Taehyung wakes up, he'll see that they have successfully won the war.

So when that time comes, Taehyung will be able to smile again and forget all the bad things that has happened.

Jungkook knows Taehyung will wake up.

He will.

He has to wake up.

Even though Taehyung's heart has already stopped from beating.

-----

End.

Just kidding ✌️

I know you'll hate me if I end it like this. 🤣🤣

Few more chapters and MA is going to end 😭😭

Love you and thank you so much for 13k 🧡❤️💜