Chapter 1

Chapter 1

The heat of the summer in the month of June was dripping Sanchi's face in sweat as she reached the main street of the south-west corner of Ujjain. The location of the meeting wasn't very far from her ADR channel's office and she arrived the main street of the relevant place in a matter of half an hour.

She checked the time in her watch which showed exactly three o'clock. "I still have an hour left. Viren-dra Sir had inform-ed me that they were suppo-sed to meet at four."

As she was walking along the unknown street, the growls of hunger dissipated her. Her meals' hour for the day had skipped and she was planning to survive on the cupcakes in her bag. Moreover, cupcakes had a special place in her life, they were her best friends whenever she fell dizzy in times of going through an empty stomach issue. She always carried one or two of them in her sling bag for tackling emergencies.

She unwrapped one of the cupcakes present in her bag and made a slit across it using a penknife. She always carried little things of utilities with her whenever she went out for undertaking perilous tasks.

Lifting her hand that held the cupcake high in the air, she gazed at it intently. "I know it's my birth-day today and I don't have the oppor-tunity to even cut a cake and share it with my near and dear ones. Today when I take the first morsel of my favorite food on this spe-cial day, I made this slit as a gesture of cutting my birth-day cake. I'll have a little of it and when I return to the orphan-age, I'll share the rest of it with the kids. They are the only ones who are near to me on this birth-day."

She took a little of the cupcake and thrust the remaining in her bag again in the hope of sharing it with the children at the orphanage. She drank the mineral water that she was carrying in her bag to quench her thirst. After she was done with everything, she took out her cellphone again. She had saved the location of the meeting sent by Virendra in the google maps and initiated walking in the direction shown by it.

*****

Back at the Bundela mansion, Durga called for her maid randomly to fetch her a glass of water but when nobody responded, she began losing patience. She started rolling her wheelchair on her own when she was stopped by a familiar face. "Auntie, please don't stress yourself. Here, take your glass of water."

Durga's worried cheeks arched into a beautiful smile upon hearing the sweet voice. Taking the glass in her hand, she said, "Is that you, Vidya? Did you fetch the glass for me? You really don't know our maids are very lazy and..."

Vidya sat beside Durga on a different chair and crossed her legs. "Can't I fetch water for you? Your maid was fetching the glass for you when I stopped her mid-way near the balcony."

Vidya Trivedi, the doctor of Durga who was treating her since when Durga had become handicapped. Vidya was of the age of twenty five years and a daily visitor to the house. She was beautiful but a very talkative lady. Both his parents and Dheeraj were friendly with her because of her chubby personality. Her regular visits to the Bundela mansion for looking after Durga had oriented her to every member of the house, except for Vihaan, of course!

"No Vidya, don't take me wrong. You've become a part of our family after so many years of togetherness. You can always fetch me a glass of water. I was just surprised to see you here. You were supposed to visit in the evening," Durga said emptying the glass.

"If that is so, let me know what is keeping you upset today? You haven't even taken your breakfast," Vidya said in a serious tone.

"Dheeraj must have informed you! Vihaan is yet in empty stomach so I can't take my food now."