Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Silent tears trickled from the corners of Sanchi's eyes when she glanced at the marriage certificate in her hands. She was waiting for Vihaan in the seating room of the bank since he was busy talking to the bank manager inside the cabin.

Sanchi Singh Bundela!

The big name reverberated in her mind a number of times though she knew she would own it only for a limited period of time. She legally owned what was never meant to be hers, it was his surname. The surname belonged to her husband, the person who was fighting against all odds for her, who was going against his own principles and habits just to bring a smile on her face. Vihaan was the person to whom she was married in real, not only in papers but also bound by rituals.

How could she deny the marriage signs on her, the auspicious marks of her husband on her? A mere act of contractual agreement was taking a strong toll on her heart and brain. The incoming signals of unknown feelings were repeatedly disturbing her for the past few days and she seemed to be so clueless about them.

She was tapping her high heels against the vitrified satin tiles nervously when she saw Vihaan walking towards her. She hurriedly dabbed her wet chin with her handkerchief and stood up from the seat.

"I spoke to the bank manager and he wants to meet you now," Vihaan said and began walking in the same reverse direction again.

Sanchi followed him quietly, staring at his gorgeous face sideways. The side curves of his forehead and nose down to his chin were perfectly shaped, not an inch of the skin folds were out of place. She wondered if the person's heart behind it was as gorgeous as his face, since she was acquainted only with his rage and arrogance.

*

The bank manager Mr. Kishan Kumar sat across the table with his eyes dipped into a brown file. "Please take your seats, Mr. and Mrs. Bundela."

They took their seats after exchanging disapproving glances at each other. The bearded man spoke again, "So Mrs. Bundela, was your application for the loan rejected? On what basis?"

"I got a let-ter from the bank that they don't pro-vide loans to peo-ple with-out a sur-name." Sanchi showed the reply letter to the man.

"There is no such rule with us. There are many people who don't possess a surname but yet have taken loans from us. I'm sorry to disclose this to you but I'll have to. Since when Vihaan Sir had spoken to me about your case a couple of days ago, I had buckled myself up for the investigation of this awkward reply from our bank. The staff member handling your case was bribed by the goon Shakti and he typed out such a reply. The report on the reply letter wasn't even updated in our records. But you shouldn't worry anymore, the unloyal person has been caught. I'll forward your application once again under your new documents," the man assured them.

"Make sure your staff members don't repeat such a thing next time or else I'll have to intrude into the matter," Vihaan warned him strictly and left the room.

*

"So finally your problems are getting solved. Once I get hold of Shakti's neck with valid proofs against him, I'll find the legal papers of the orphanage. You'll definitely win your fight in the favour of the children," Vihaan said to Sanchi as he walked down the stairs of the bank.

Sanchi was following him, keeping a considerable distance behind him. "Tha-nk you for your con-cerns."

Vihaan smirked lightly. "I'm not doing anything out of concerns for you. I'm just performing my duty. Don't grow this misconception in you."