Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Sanchi was greeted by the other colleagues at the bureau before she was shown her own cabin. The workload given to her on the very first day was very little since she was new, though she was already experienced with the post she was recruited for.

A little later after pondering over the bluish file kept on her desk, she heard a knock at the door. Her heart skipped a beat hoping it would either be Vihaan or Arjun. In no way she could ignore Vihaan while working at the bureau neither she was sure of Arjun's behavior towards her.

With a composed posture and a little smile over her elegant face, she allowed the knocker in. By God's grace, it was Pari, the junior lady inspector.

"Here take this file, Sanchi. Vihaan Sir left it with me before going out early in the morning. He told me to give the responsibility of this analysis to you for today. He'll come back in the afternoon and check on it," Pari explained the details to her.

"Sure thi-ng, I'll do." Sanchi willingly nodded in agreement.

As Pari departed, Sanchi began working on the current file that she just received. She had to anyhow finish it by the afternoon before Vihaan arrived.

An hour passed since the time she got busy doing her work when there was an another knock on the door. "Hey Sanchi, may I come in? It's Arjun here."

Sanchi's eyes grew wider than expected and she cleared her throat before answering, "Ple-ase come in. You don't exact-ly need permi-ssion before enter-ing my cabin beca-use you are a senior rank hol-der than I'm already. I'm just a pri-vate analyst but you are an offi-cer."

Arjun let a silly laugh before taking his seat opposite to Sanchi's. "It's polite when you ask for permission. I like it this way. Secondly, you are Vihaan Sir's wife, who is my senior. Thirdly, you are Virendra Sir's daughter-in-law, who is Vihaan Sir's senior. Isn't it required to take permission from you as well?"

Sanchi smiled lightly. "You miss-ed out on an impor-tant point. I'm Dheeraj bro's close friend's soul-mate, who is your best fri-end. So do you really stand to the point to take permi-ssion?"

"You are a 'don't-talk-or-else-I'll-twist-you' sort of a lady. I can very well figure out where those awesome analyses come from!" Arjun laughed, his neck slightly bent backwards on to the comfy chair.

"I can be serious some-times. Tell me the exact rea-son why you are here. I mean I do remem-ber what you murm-ured to me at the corri-dor." Sanchi pulled an another file towards her.

"I understand why someone like Vihaan Sir married you. All time courageous and always straight-to-the-point woman you are!" Arjun chuckled, the corner of his eyes forming crinkles.

"I'm not flatter-ed Mr. ...."  Sanchi was cut off before she could complete her sentence.

Arjun rested his arms against the wooden table. "It's simply Arjun and call me that... I don't like this formality at all. You aren't my junior or I'm not your senior."

Sanchi nodded again. "I get it, Arjun. Now ple-ase stop with your merry-go-round and come strai-ght to the point."

"Finally some serious talks then. Coming to your soulmate, I'm here to talk about Dheeraj and his love life." Arjun took the topic straightforward.

Sanchi's eyes lifted up from the file to stare into his greyish black eyes. "Are you seri-ous? We are going to dis-cuss this in the office! By the way, how did you come to kn-ow?"

"I've been noticing Dheeraj's bad mood for the past few days. He sometimes sits idle instead of doing work or throws typical tantrums here and there. His behavior is getting contradictory to his normal self. I had begun to doubt if there was really any girl in his life which he didn't share with me. Last week, he shoved his anger at me and I knew he wouldn't do it without a reason." Arjun sighed, raising his eyebrows a little.