Chapter 49

Chapter 49

Sanchi was struggling for life inside the operation theatre while the family stood clueless and helpless outside, praying hard for her well-being. It was only Dheeraj who had noticed the absence of Vihaan from the hospital and informed Virendra about it. The both of them could only come to a conclusion that Vihaan must have gone searching for help somewhere.

Before Dheeraj could dial Vihaan's number, Sanchi's doctor came out of his cabin and stood facing Vidya. Looking straight in her eyes, he gave a small smile. "We have found a donor for Mrs. Bundela. We will quickly shift her to OT for the surgery."

"A donor!" Vidya exclaimed on the top of her voice. "Are you sure? Who is the donor? If it's truly the case, please operate on her immediately."

More than an hour had passed since Sanchi was being operated and one of the nurses moved out of the surgery unit to update the family about her condition. Vidya and the rest were sitting next to one another with their palms joined together in prayers. The obvious worries of Sanchi's wellness were getting depicted out of their affectionate emotions for her.

"Mrs. Bundela's condition is stable now. She has been operated and the bullets have been removed from her fractured bones. There are still some underlying risks so the doctors are keeping her under observation for some more time." The information provided by the nurse brought a great relief to the whole family.

"What about the donor? It's not like the person can keep on donating huge amounts of blood from it's own body risking it's own life!" Vidya asked, cautious of the truth behind transfusions of blood.

"The urgent blood was required till the operating time period and Mrs. Sanchi was lucky enough to have found a donor in time. We were worried for her post-surgery as the single donor couldn't keep on donating blood. But now, even this problem has been solved." The nurse gave a little smile, causing Vidya and the family to exchange glances at one another.

"Are you sure?" Vidya asked her again.

The nurse placed a palm on Vidya's shoulder gently before uttering, "Yes ma'am. There's this blood bank from Indore which has just sent their aids for us. They said that it was on the orders of Mrs. Bundela's husband, Vihaan Sir."

"So Vihaan has been out searching for help for Sanchi!" Dheeraj gasped, rubbing his eyes. "But where is Shaurya? He too has been missing since long."

The nurse looked up at Dheeraj and responded, "He is inside donating blood to Mrs. Bundela. He is the only donor who you all were asking for but he had refrained us from disclosing before the deed was done."

Vidya and her family held their breath in astonishment before the former muttered, "You are lying, nurse. Shay... I mean Shaurya has the blood phobia and he's scared of vaccines since childhood. That's the reason why we didn't know his blood group at all... He was already feeling nauseated after seeing Sanchi's blood and the accident... Are you sure he has been donating blood since then?"

"He is doing it for the sake of saving Mrs. Bundela's life. He was ready to even do it post-surgery but thankfully, the aids from the blood bank arrived in time. We will be shifting Mr. Trivedi to the general ward soon. He has grown extremely weak," The nurse replied, taking a step backwards to disappear for her duty. "He came like a blessing in the last minute. Hadn't he approached us to test his blood group and hadn't it matched with Mrs. Sanchi's, we couldn't have saved her life!"

When the nurse was gone, Dheeraj took out his cellphone and gave a call to Vihaan, informing him of the same. Gliding down the stairs of the temple and skipping steps, Vihaan rushed his way to the hospital at once. In less than fifteen minutes, he was in the same corridor Sanchi was admitted into, gasping for breath. All he wanted to do was to only see Sanchi's face and assure her that she was alright.