Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Sanchi experienced a scanty sleep the previous night. The rejection from the bank and the heated arguments with Vihaan created a havoc in her mind. The juggling between so many things and trying to tackle all of them were becoming very difficult for her.

On the other hand, Vihaan had moved out of his room before the break of dawn to work solely to Sanchi's discretion. He had to abide by her orders since he was really their guest and was needed to depart as early as possible.

On his way towards the exit, he collided with Chetan once again and his eyes lit up seeing the little hardworking boy. Chetan was entering the building with a basket full of fresh flowers and stopped when he saw Vihaan hurrying out of the house.

"Where are you going brother? Are you alright now?" Chetan asked, touching Vihaan's forearm.

"I'm much better than before and I suppose I should leave now. There's a lot of work pending yet," Vihaan said with a little smile on his face.

"I understand the seriousness of your duties brother. May I request you for something?" Chetan asked and continued when Vihaan permitted him, "You should sometimes pay us a visit here. The other children will be very happy. Sister Maria narrated them your tales of bravery last night and they have instantly fallen in love with you."

Vihaan sighed upon realizing that there was yet somebody who adored his duties and bravery. "So how does your sister Maria know about me?"

Chetan laughed. "Oh! She found out your name as Vihaan Singh Bundela from Sanchi and she remembered that she had read about you in the newspapers. Even Sanchi told us a few stories of your bravery last night."

"Are you sure Sanchi said those good words for me?" Vihaan was gaping so widely as if he would catch flies the very next moment.

Chetan nodded, keeping the flower basket on the windowsill. "Obviously yes, she did. We all love her for this one reason only. She praises the right and will never compromise with the wrong. That's the reason why she's been suffering till now."

Vihaan arched his eyebrows for he found every word of Chetan unbelievable. "Why is it so? Do you really know her well as to who she is? What if she is not what you people think of her?"

"If you are not aware brother, she is a gem of a human being. We don't need to know her well because her actions prove it. She needs a huge amount of money to settle some old scores. I offered her the money last night which I got in exchange for your bracelet to help her but she turned it down. She said she would manage easily as she has received some letter from the bank. So I am going to finally get my mother treated with the money. Thank you brother for your help," Chetan explained carefully with a radiant glint on his innocent face.

The agitated blood in Vihaan's body was trying to freeze on it's own as the explanation of Chetan was becoming too hard to digest. He very well knew Sanchi's appeal for a loan was rejected by the bank but yet she managed to refuse taking Chetan's help. Vihaan wanted to find out more about Sanchi when his careful eyes fell on a distant Sanchi sitting at the breakfast table, vertically opposite to where they were having the conversation.

Sanchi was packing the lunch boxes for the children and looked at Chetan from the corner of her eyes. She sternly remarked, "Chetan, if you are done lectu-ring our un-wanted guest, I need your help right now. Don't for-get that you have to attend your mor-ning classes today. Leave the guest on his own and he'll help him-self."

Vihaan frowned even though he had become used to her constant chiding since the previous day. "Chetan, don't get worried for me. I'll have to take leave now. I promise I'll be visiting the children again but make sure there ain't any black cat to pounce on me here."