Chapter 53

Chapter 53

Five minutes into the berserk conversation with Sahil, the new tenant of Trivedi's, Sanchi felt a light pat on her shoulder. "Hey Vay, don't lose your cool on him. He's a nice guy and one of my closest friends from Agra."

"You se-em to make a lot of crazi-est friends, Shay." Sanchi nudged Shaurya on his stomach, lifting her head over his shoulder blade. "Who is she?"

Sanchi's finger clumsily pointed to the young and beautiful girl, who was making her way through the main entrance. Medium stature and curly black hair, the girl possessed a honey smooth skin. Though she was completely a new stranger to her, Sanchi took the new entrant to her liking immediately.

The girl emerged on one side of Shaurya, shyly smiling at the both of them. Shaurya wrapped an arm around Sanchi's shoulders and smiled back at the girl. "Vay, this is.. I mean she is Rohini... And Rohini, this is my kitten-like sister Vanya."

Sanchi immediately moved out of Shaurya's grip to glance at the loving face of the new girl. Stretching her palm out to Rohini, she murmured, "Or you may also call me San-chi. Glad to meet you, Ro-hini. Are you their fam-ily friend or?"

Rohini shook her head while speaking to Sanchi. "I am not. I am here for...I am here to actually meet you."

Sanchi was taken by surprise. "Me-et me? As if?"

"Let me explain, Vay," Shaurya interrupted, stepping between them. "You may not know as to who Rohini is. She is the daughter of our factory manager Mr. Krunal Avasthi, the one who passed away a few weeks ago. She is pursuing her career in journalism and is a little confused with what to do next. She completed her graduation in last June and is trying for entrance examination since then."

"A strong urge for higher studies you know, Ms. Editor," Rohini said in her original soft voice, causing Sanchi's body to tense all of a sudden.

Hearing the couple of words 'Ms. Editor' coming from Rohini, it tremendously affected Sanchi's weak heart. Past remembrances were beginning to attack the core of her memories like bullets, for it was only Vihaan who was in the habit of calling her by that name.

"Ms. Editor!" Shaurya sighed louder as if to tease Sanchi. "You don't even know Vay properly and you are calling her that."

"Come on Shaurya, I only called her by what she actually is. I have been in the habit of buying magazines and newspapers out of my passion for journalism, and have read so many of her different case analyses. Even without knowing as to who she actually was, I have already been her ardent follower." Rohini chuckled, taking in a deep breath.

"Basically you are fangirling on my little kitten secretly." Shaurya wiggled his eyebrows.

Shaurya's light teasing brought Sanchi back to reality and she elbowed him in the stomach. He flinched at this, pushing himself a little out of line with the two girls. "Beware of her, Rohini. She can be very rough at times. The little cat may pounce upon you anytime."

"Wi-ll you stop it, Shay?" Sanchi rolled her eyes at him before turning to Rohini. "Don't you see we are go-ing to make a good jour-nalist pair?"

Rohini fist bumped Sanchi in air before declaring, "We will, Ms. Editor. We will."

As soon as their conversation got over, Rohini disappeared into the outhouse, leaving Sanchi in a rapid shock out of nowhere. "Shay! Why are you allow-ing the good girl to stay wi-th some annoy-ing male tenant? She can alw-ays stay in the Trivedi villa."

"Oh no, Sahil is no stranger to her. He is her elder brother who used to work for the same factory in Agra before it got destroyed. Sahil had lost his job and after the death of his father Mr. Avasthi, he shifted to Delhi to look after the new factory. But after all the attacks and plotting, the threats on him and me, I decided to hide him here as our tenant." Shaurya explained her.