Chapter 44

Chapter 44

All the good hopes were shattered for Vihaan. As much as he was trying hard to protect the dignity of his own brother, the revelation of the dirty truths and the confirmed death of Dheeraj stabbed his heart in million strokes. He was not even sure whether he would ever be able to recover from the traumatizing pain and live peacefully in the regular course of his life again.

The decision was being taken and Vihaan's case would be finally moved to the regular High court. There was nothing more in Tanvir's view which he could think of at the moment to prevent the judge from declaring his final verdict.

The judge pinned all the documents together and said, "The procedures at the High court won't take much time and officer Vihaan will be granted to join his duties with full honour as early as possible. We are done and dusted with this case."

"But Sir," Tanvir interrupted, "Shouldn't we reconsider once? One more interrogation session because officer Arjun hasn't returned yet. He has departed to investigate the crime scene and there's no news from him. What if he has something new to say, I mean?"

"After all that the chamber saw here, moving to the regular court is the best decision. Whatever new information officer Arjun and his team fetches for the case, it'll be proceeded before the high court." The judge adjusted his spectacles. "I don't see any point to waste more time here. The CBI has other important matters to get solved. The case of officer Vihaan is over!"

Vihaan had never imagined any of the things to take place at the chamber on the particular day. He was ridiculed by the way everything happened, considering Sanchi to be responsible for it. Hadn't she hired a lawyer for him, hadn't she run after the bracelet and the rest of the evidences, and hadn't she refused to discuss about the case with him before bringing it in front of the audience, he wouldn't have felt more guilty.

The guilt in him was growing deeper than ever before, for his brother's good image was damaged before everyone. He was also dying out of guilt for mentally becoming the betrayer and traitor who could take the life of his own brother, the brother who loved him the most.

Vihaan's trance was vividly broken when he heard a loud shriek coming from the main entrance of the chamber. Lifting his peccably embarrassed face, his guilty eyes met with a breathless Sanchi's fiery ones.

"Ple-ase pardon me your hon-our, the case is not yet over," Sanchi exclaimed, gasping heavily as she stepped into the chamber with a determined expression over her tired face. "May I take your permi-ssion to clarify a few thi-ngs, Sir?"

Both Vihaan and Virendra were taken aback with Sanchi's sudden advent in the middle of the session while the judge took a keen look at her perturbed face. "Is it related to this case? Who are you?"

"Sir, I'm the pri-vate ana-lyst of the Indore CBI, Sanchi Singh Bun-dela," Sanchi solemnly responded, impatiently waiting for his permission.

"So you are the one who played a major role in collecting the evidences! You are officer Vihaan's wife, I suppose. I hope you'll be genuine with all that you have to say in the middle of the audience here." The judge raised his eyebrows.

"I'm sorry Sir, but I'm here as an ana-lyst and not as his wife. I will only substan-tiate whatever is genu-ine in the true sense and the most rele-vant for this case," Sanchi said vehemently, confidence in her voice.

Vihaan wondered about what else Sanchi had in store after all the unwanted evidences that were already shown before a live audience. He sighed when he saw the judge nodding his head in affirmation.

As the judge permitted her, Sanchi paved her way into the room, taking control of her side of the explanation. "Sir, you must have hea-rd of how all the mess happen-ed and how I came across the dupli-cate brace-let. You must have even gone thro-ugh the forensic reports on the poison-ed bullets, plastic sur-gery and the DNA test."