Chapter 48 (Blockbuster)

◀PLAYLIST FOR THIS EPISODE▶

(Will be glad if you listen to the song in the background while reading this chapter)

***

Chapter 48

Sanchi taking bullets on Vihaan's behalf seemed so easy for her. She was preparing herself to give up her last breath in his arms. Her eyelashes were blinking rapidly as she tried hard to abide by Vihaan's orders. The determination that she carried within her was unbelievable, her confident eyes were peeking into his painful ones with consolidation.

Vihaan didn't care if his clothes were already draining in her blood as the saline liquid was gushing speedily out of her fragile body. All he wanted was to drive her to a hospital as soon as possible and save her life which was precious to him.

"Vihaan, your car is punctured. We will go by Dheeraj's car. Hurry up!" Shaurya uttered as he reached behind him. "Noth...ing will ever happen to Vay. She is str....ong..."

Words were becoming difficult to escape Shaurya's mouth and Vidya stepped next to him. Grabbing the first aid box quickly from Dheeraj's car, she mumbled, "I will use some bandage to stop the rush of blood by the time we reach the hospital."

Vihaan stood frozen for quite some time as Vidya performed the necessity. With Shaurya driving the car for them, Vihaan adjusted with Sanchi at the back seat while Vidya ushered herself in the passenger seat. 

All along their way to the nearest hospital, Vihaan continued reminding Sanchi to keep holding on to her breath. She was the strongest woman he had ever seen in his life. It would be the toughest for him to accept if she gave up on her right to life without giving in a proper fight!

***** 

Sanchi had fallen unconscious at last before they could reach the nearest hospital. The hospital authorities rushed to a badly injured Sanchi while Vihaan whimpered before them. "Please save my wife's life... She has been shot... She will die if left untreated..."

On first hand examination, one of the doctors told Vihaan in a serious tone, "Her condition is severe and she has lost a lot of blood. It will be difficult to save her if left for a longer time."

"Then do the necessity," Vihaan hollered, grabbing Sanchi's lifeless wrist closer to his chest as she lay unconscious on the hospital stretcher. 

Vidya stood next to Vihaan and spoke, "I am a doctor too. I will assist you in her treatment, doctor. Please get her admitted as soon as possible."

"This is a police case and we can't admit her without proper...." The doctor mumbled while Vihaan grabbed his collar, causing the doctor to flinch backwards.

"Keep your calm, Vihaan. Let me talk." Vidya elbowed Vihaan, taking the control of the situation. "We are from the commissioner's family and he is himself a DCP. They will take care of the case later."

After quite a short argument, the doctor finally agreed to them and ordered for Sanchi's admission to the critical care unit. Vihaan's jaw dropped when he heard the term 'ICU' and turned to Vidya. "Is she that serious?"

Grabbing Vihaan's arm, Vidya shook her head. "Stop worrying that much, Vihaan. Let the doctors do their work. We can't say the severity of her case now. Give them some time."