Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It wasn't at all a good and lucky day for Vihaan as he was facing difficulties since morning. The time when he arrived at Ujjain by the train, only fifteen minutes were left for the meeting to commence at the mansion. He had lost his wallet and mobile, and he was unable to even contact his messenger Gora.

The weather conditions at Ujjain was poorer than at Indore, it seemed as if it would rain any time soon. He somehow hired a pool van to reach the main bus depot of Ujjain where Gora was supposed to meet him. As planned, Gora saved him for the day because he was already waiting for Vihaan at the depot. He paid the fare for Vihaan and they both took an exit to reach the mansion together.

Vihaan and Gora were late by ten minutes to reach the remote place and unfortunately, they fell into the trap of the attackers. They weren't allowed to enter the mansion and Vihaan's head was knocked from behind. He was tackling the goons valiantly until Gora fell defeated in their hands. Vihaan was forced to surrender to the odd situation in exchange for Gore's life. Taking Gora as their cue, they had captivated Vihaan by blackmailing him.

As the bloody tussle continued, a bullet landed on Vihaan's left upper arm and he whined in pain. This was when Sanchi arrived at the window and her whimpering gasps for Vihaan's dilemma spread in the dark and cloudy atmosphere inaudibly.

When Sanchi opened her eyes after witnessing the horrible gunshot, she whispered, her heart pounding heavily inside her chest, "Isn't he Vihaan Singh Bun-dela, the very courag-eous and valiant son of Viren-dra Sir? Thank God that the bullet pierced him side-ways."

Sanchi's work mostly oriented with the bureau and she had seen Vihaan only in the pictures of the articles sent to her or sometimes in the newspapers, either for his bravery or as the officer-in-charge for important cases. She hadn't met him personally though she had heard of all his audacious tales of police service. It was the first time she was seeing him physically, bare bodied with a lot of cut marks and wounds from the recent attacks and he was in such a helpless condition.

The attackers had forced Vihaan to tear his shirt away so that they could whip him directly on his bare skin. Vihaan lifted his chin up to glance at his attacker and he arched his eyebrows in disgust. "Is that you Tarun? I thought my dad always trusted you as one of his able officers!" Vihaan scoffed which worsened Tarun's anger.

"Your dad never trusted me, in fact he doubts anybody and everybody working with him. Since when you joined, you didn't leave a stone unturned to change the easy rules of the bureau. We always felt we were in shackles under you and I hated it," Tarun uttered of his baseless disappointment.

Vihaan groaned in his usual hoarse voice even if his upper arm was killing with the pain, "Rules were never considered to be easy at the bureau since when we took our oath to join the service. We are liable to undertake the most perilous tasks and it seems that people like you are ruining the good name of the CBI. It's only for you that the citizens think we work only for bribes and are capable of nothing. You people are those internal termites who are hollowing the nation more than the outsiders. You are petty betrayers for the country and..."

Tarun kicked Vihaan as he uttered scornfully, "I'm not here to listen to your lectures or abide by your orders. I tried hard to stop you from reaching here but you didn't. You didn't even bother before shooting my men, especially the most important member of our group, Lakhan. You deserve to die now."

Vihaan tried hard to stand up on his limbs but Tarun's men attacked him again. One of the goons held a knife against Gora's neck and gestured an agitated Vihaan to calm his nerves. Vihaan stood there motionless, trying hard to recover his poise in such a difficult situation. "Lakhan! How did he escape from the bureau? I had instantly thought Arjun was behind all these."