Chapter 51

Chapter 51

The more the number of days passed by, the better Sanchi's health grew under the careful supervision of Vihaan. It was the first week of December when she could try walking multiple footsteps at a stretch without Vihaan's support. For the past one month, Vihaan had made an enormous effort to help Sanchi up on her limbs after overcoming the sensitiveness in her limbs. He regularly took multiple appointments for her checkups from one of the best doctors in Indore.

Vihaan even made sure Sanchi wasn't getting affected mentally due to her critical nervous system. Due to this reason, he even phoned the children and the old nun at the orphanage to make Sanchi feel better around them. He would send a private bus almost daily to Ujjain to fetch them to Indore and return them in time. Vihaan's daily routine was revolving only around Sanchi and her well-being until his rejoining letter arrived from the bureau a day before.

"Take the medicines and lunch on time. Don't stress yourself for anything. We will resume your walking practice session after I return in the evening." Vihaan instructed her as casually as he could while helping her walk along the length of their balcony early that morning.

It was for the past one week that Sanchi had begun walking at a stretch, with Vihaan as her walking stick. His one hand wrapped around the small of her back while the other clutching the wrist of her right hand. Her right arm was now movable as the doctor had undone the bandages and the wound near her spine was also healing rapidly. The risks involved with the sensation of her lower back and her limbs were diminishing day by day.

"I don't even kn-ow when I will be join-ing the bureau aga-in. It has been ages since I last visit-ed it." Sanchi expressed her grief, latching her fingers with his.

Tightening the grip of her fingers, Vihaan raised his eyebrows. "This is the first day I will be leaving you to yourself. I don't want to see any mistake on your part that can affect your improved health again."

Landing both her hands on her hips, she almost choked on her voice. "I can now eas-ily move aro-und and even use my hurt arm. I am also allow-ed to con-sume spicy foods. Why are you still scared of permit-ting me to stay all by myself?"

Vihaan stooped only a couple of inches away from her and looked into her witty eyes. "You will know it in the evening, hickory."

"Wh-at!"

Instead of responding to her demands, he bent lower to drop a soft kiss on her forehead. "If you don't want me to get offended and start arguing with you, you must do as I directed. Take care of yourself."

"But Vih...." Sanchi's voice trailed off as Vihaan departed for the bureau hurriedly. The kiss that he planted on her forehead seemed different from all other respectful kisses which he had earlier rendered to her. There was a hidden passion in his eyes, igniting the fire of love in her heart. The way Vihaan had taken care of her during her hard times, nobody else could have been so suave to her.

Sanchi had only one thing to confess that she loved Vihaan, a love which could virtuously be worshipped from afar. Her love wasn't the one to be demanded for, it was to be adored from a considerable depth, praying for his goodwill.

Standing by the railings of the corridor, Sanchi devoured the figure of a retreating Vihaan, who was being stopped by Durga down the stairs. Vihaan was back to his original self, refusing to have his breakfast and his mother calling out to him from afar.

No sooner had Vihaan left the mansion than Sanchi took to the stairs in a hurry. Durga was dabbing her wet eyes as tears flowed down her cheeks. "When will you really forgive me, Vihaan? When will you talk to your mother again? It has been years since..."