Chapter 60

Chapter 60

The little fire-filled romantic moment spent with Vihaan refused to leave Sanchi. Her mind was completely preoccupied by the passionate twink and speaking to sister Maria about her divorce had skipped her thoughts. Blushing cheeks and smiling face, Sanchi wasn't even able to concentrate on her cooking in the kitchen. It was the day of Nidhi's marriage with Arjun and several other guests had already started pouring into the Patel house.

Jwala bursted out with rage as soon as she found a happy Sanchi standing next to the oven. Barging into the kitchen, she pulled Sanchi's wrist as tightly as she could and glared deep into her eyes. "You are soaring too high in the sky. I need to cut down your wings before it's too late."

"Wh-at did I do?" Sanchi twisted her wrist, pulling it out of Jwala's grip. "I don't thi-nk I did any-thing to upset you aga-in."

Kneading her fingers into Sanchi's neck, Jwala growled, "Why are you trying your notions of adultery on Vidya's brother-in-law Vihaan? I know he is attractive and hot, but he's not fit for you. Also don't forget that he is married."

Sanchi's heart raced up in nervousness with the mention of Vihaan and she stared at her mother blankly, groaning with pain of her neck. "I am not do-ing any-thing as such."

"You did." Jwala reprimanded, sliding Sanchi's chin upwards. "Your husband has kicked you out and you are free. But it's not the same with Vihaan, he hasn't yet left his old-fashioned rural wife. I know he might be feeling attracted to you because of your external beauty and I know his wife isn't that attractive. But it doesn't mean you will try sleeping with him taking the chance of his stay here."

"Stop bla-ming me for no good rea-sons." Sanchi pleaded, shoving Jwala's hands away. "You are wea-ving false sto-ries... Noth-ing is true."

"I wish things were false but I can't ignore what my eyes saw." Jwala nodded, raising her eyebrows. "I myself saw you entering the house late in the night yesterday and Vihaan's arm was wrapped around you. When you were supposed to climb the stairs to reach your grandmother's room, he threw you a hug which wasn't normal. It was a very passionate hug and I could see your closeness with him."

Sanchi's limbs began trembling because of all the mess created last night and she bit her lower lip. "You must be mis-taken, maa. Th-at was just a...."

"Did you sleep with him yesterday?" Jwala pushed her by her shoulder.

Sanchi clearly remembered it was just a situational kiss with Vihaan and he had safely fetched her home late in the night from the old museum. Before she retreated to her grandmother's room, Vihaan had himself pulled her into a comforting hug and she had simply reciprocated it.

"I had gone to the old mus-eum for an exhi-bition and I met him there. It was get-ting late and he offer-ed to accom-pany me. We have noth-ing between us."

Jwala crossed her arms. "What about the hug? Why would he do that when he already has a wife?"

Sanchi waited for a few seconds to frame an answer. "It was a frie-ndly hug... We bec-ame fri-ends that's it."

"Are you fooling me?"

Sanchi replied in a convincing tone, "Maa, the entr-ance was dark. How wo-uld you clearly see whe-ther it was a fri-endly or passion-ate hug? Please don't cre-ate a fuss ab-out it."

"Fine, I will stop exaggerating here. Let me warn you that I am not expecting to see such scenes between the two of you in future. I don't want Vidya's in-laws humiliating us for you. I will be keeping an eye on you so be careful."