Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Vihaan bought a white shirt coupled with a burgundy colored summer jacket and a pair of black denims from a local boutique at Ujjain. His clothes from the previous day were all dirty and crumpled, but cleanliness was always preferable to him. He had already taken a short shower at the orphanage early morning before meeting Chetan near the exit.

Later that day, Vihaan visited the local police station to collect the information on the developments of the passport case but could not find enough evidences to binge upon. He also ordered them to keep him updated with all the latest informations even though he would be working from the Indore bureau.

It was five o'clock in the evening when Vihaan came out of the local police station. His cellphone rang and an unknown number flashed across the screen.

"Chetan, is that you? Why are you crying?"

"I'm calling you for help from Sanchi's number... She is in a grave danger... Please help us..."

"Wait, tell me everything. What's wrong there?" Vihaan asked, horrified by Chetan's fear.

When Chetan narrated the whole of Shakti's story to Vihaan, the latter groaned angrily. "Don't worry Chetan. I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

"Brother, please save Sanchi from his clutches... He is already here and torturing our beloved sister... Sanchi wanted to save us children from the goons and so she locked us up in her room... She told us that she would surrender herself to him today as she has no other option..." Chetan continued crying over phone.

Vihaan assured him that he would make everything alright for them and disconnected the call. He grabbed a Royal Enfield from the lobby of the Ujjain police station and rode speedily towards the direction of the orphanage.

During the time period of his speedy ride to the orphanage, only one thought was running in his mind. He had to save the life and dignity of the one who had saved his life so many times. He was not hesitant anymore to accept the truth that Sanchi had saved his life earlier. Though his doubts on Sanchi weren't wiped out but he could not allow putting the life of any person at stake for a local goon. To him, his duty always held the first priority and he would perform it at any cost.

***** 

Locking the children up in her room, Sanchi sneaked out of the house to face Shakti and his men valiantly. The coarse and wild look on Shakti's face traumatized her, the tiny hair behind her neck was cropping in fright and there was the lack of enough blood running through her veins. Her cheeks had turned pale and white out of sheer horror and she could do nothing but send a short prayer to her God in heaven.

The devil in disguise of a man, with bloodshot eyes took vivid steps closer to her while Sanchi kept her eyes tightly shut in fear. The visible charm on her face had faded away with the advent of someone as demonic as Shakti. She hated the close proximity that he always exhibited on her whenever he came face to face with her, but then she had no choice.

"Sanchi, my honey, how long will you keep me waiting? I respected your feelings for so many months but now not anymore." Shakti sneered, clasping her upper arm in his tight grip.

Sanchi gave a grimace of pain before uttering, "You are hur-ting me. Your conc-erns on and off me are just your felonious gimm-icks."

Shakti trapped a helpless Sanchi in between his arms, pushing her against the backyard fence of the building. He bent his face closer to her, tightening his grip on her arms. "Don't underestimate the passion I feel for you. I could have easily thrown you up on my shoulder and taken you away but I didn't do that. I could have easily gotten what was mine but I didn't do that. I overlooked your flawed tongue because I didn't have to do anything with that. You must be obliged to me because I want to take you with your flaw. Otherwise which male on Earth would want to get such a stuttering woman in his life!"