Chapter 42

Chapter 42

The interrogation inside the confined chamber continued while Sanchi straightened her back against the chair in the control room. Giving a light pat to her own cheeks, she murmured to herself, "Had-n't I come across a mira-cle that day, I couldn't have possi-bly appoint-ed Tanvir for the case."

Two days ago when Sanchi returned home after meeting Vihaan at the custody, she had thrown away all her high hopes of proving Vihaan's innocence. The promise she made to him added more to her worries and she knew she had to give up thinking on the case again.

Passing across Vidya's room, she saw her soulmate crying profusely before Dheeraj's photo frame on the wall and her heart went out to her. Losing her dear husband within a month of marriage was unbearable and Sanchi immediately felt her knees trembling in agony.

"Vih-aan is right, Vidya loves Dhee-raj bro too much inclu-ding his own parents. Liv-ing with the pain of his loss is so pathe-tic and it will kill Vidya mo-re to live with the pain of Dhee-raj bro being a trait-or. How can I over-look her pains, but then Vih-aan's life is also impor-tant to me. Why did Dhee-raj bro do such a thing? He had every-one and every-thing in his life!"

Sanchi pulled out Dheeraj's bracelet from the drawer in her own room and silently stared at it. She was trying to analyze the depth of her connection with him, the two-way relationship.

"Tho-ugh I wasn't too close to him, but yet I shared a hand-ful of good mom-ents with him. Never did he let me to rea-lize that he was a wrong influ-ence or that he was unfit for Vidya. I still beli-eve he loved her for real, he loved his fam-ily for real and what abo-ut his words to me?"

Sanchi looked up at the bracelet again. "Wh-en I gave him this, he bless-ed me with all his go-od words. He said he loved me as a young-er sister and that I sha-red a spe-cial bond with him. This brace-let would be the sole pro-of of my relation-ship with him. But when he is proved to be a trait-or now, keep-ing his remem-brance with me will only incre-ase my pain for losing a brother-ly figure like him."

As much as Sanchi wanted to throw it away, the specially carved design of it held Sanchi's intent gaze in place. The design that Sanchi had especially ordered for the bracelet was minutely different from the one she had in her hand now. Trying to coax her brain into thinking and rapid palpitation stuck her tongue out.

"This isn't the same brace-let I had given him. I remem-ber clearly the design I had provi-ded and it had a notch on the third ring of the meta-llic mate-rial. This one is simi-lar to the origi-nal one but lacks many min-ute details."

Rummaging through her contacts, Sanchi searched for a very important number but it turned out to be futile. Spending the whole night pondering on the new light of the case, she chalked out some plans. The first and foremost step she would take the next day would be to visit the Indore district court.

The next day, going through the lists of current advocates and lawyers practising at the court was easy for her after she showed her ID to the officials. A few minutes later, Tanvir hurried his way down the aisle to meet her in person and she gave him a friendly smile.

"Hey Vanya, long time and no see. The last we talked was almost three years ago when I was just completing my LLB degree. I thought we will never see each other again until today when the peon called for me saying someone named Vanya has come over to meet me," Tanvir spoke in his friendly voice, trying to study the pensive lines on Sanchi's forehead.

Tanvir was Sanchi's classmate in high school and both were studious students. From sharing notes to attending coaching classes, they used to do it together. After their schooling completed, Tanvir chose law and Sanchi journalism. They both drifted apart for career but were continuing to maintain the healthy friendship they used to share once as school students.