Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Waiting at the corridor, Vihaan saw a neatly dressed up Virendra moving out of his own room and hurrying to reach downstairs for the ceremony. "Dad!"

"Did you return so soon? How was the Burhanpur trip?" Virendra asked, adjusting the collar of his long tunic.

"Dad, are you going to attend the ring ceremony downstairs?" Vihaan asked in surprise when he saw his father dressed unusually for the occasion.

"Of course, yes. What's the harm?"

"It means you know everything! The Ringers' Park, the engagement, Arjun and...Nobody told me." Vihaan was astonished.

"You don't like parties and gaudiness in life so we didn't feel the urge to inform you. But now since you're home, you may join us," Virendra spoke casually.

"Are you really kidding, dad? How could you forgive Sanchi for all her plotting behind our back? She planned so many things and put up the engagement drama tonight!" Vihaan uttered in disgust.

"She didn't plan anything behind our back. She took our permission before moving ahead. I know you have reasons to be pissed at her because you were not told the truth. But your rudeness is something the poor child couldn't gather courage to face." Virendra laughed.

"It means you are supporting her in whatever she did or is still doing!" Vihaan snapped, sweat trickling down his forehead.

"We do support her. How can we allow marriage between wrong people when the other two are truly and madly in love!"

"Nonsense!" Vihaan gasped.

"No more of your anger, son. It's time that you forgive her now. When you fall in love one day, you'll realize what true love is and you'll understand why she supported true love." Virendra squeezed his son's shoulders and left for the ceremony.

"I will never forgive her," Vihaan muttered before storming into his workroom and locking the door behind him.

*****

Sanchi took the stage along with Arjun, announcing the engagement ceremony to the audience. "I know it's awk-ward but lucki-ly true. Arjun being Dhee-raj bro's best fri-end and I being Vidya's best fri-end, and also beca-use of our dual eff-orts that we could unite Vidya and Dhee-raj bro toge-ther in life."

Arjun continued, "So wasn't it right for us to first announce the engagement of our beloved friends before calling them on stage?"

Everybody clapped as Vidya and Dheeraj joined them on the stage. The rings and vows were exchanged smoothly before Virendra took a spot beside them.

"Hemant and I, we both have met the pundit to decide on a marriage date. The best date is found to be twenty five days hence, that is on the twenty-fifth of August. We have chosen to finalise the same date for them and the preparations are supposed to commence from tomorrow itself. There is no room for more delay again," Virendra announced, a broad smile appearing on his lips.

Everyone was clapping and giggling while Sanchi looked up at the corridor. She knew she was missing Vihaan at the ring ceremony but his party hating habits had kept himself locked in his workroom.

Sanchi moved to the kitchen and grabbed the less spicy food plate from the counter, which she had especially cooked for Vihaan. She was sure that he wouldn't even come down for dinner.

Leaving the crowd behind her, she walked her way to their room only to find Vihaan missing. She realised that he would be present at the workroom since it was already ten in the night.