Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Dr. Duggal's words refused to leave Sanchi's mind. The fact that Vihaan was the main target in the mysterious gunshot and the missing reports of Dheeraj perturbed her. On one hand, she was desperate to save Vihaan at any cost, but on the other hand, she needed to know the whereabouts of Dheeraj.

As Sanchi continued pondering over the case, Dr. Duggal added, "Vihaan Sir had indeed shot the man laterally to prevent killing him or harming him to a greater extent. The x-ray reports are a mighty evidence of it."

"But the man died so it means the bullet hit him on a riskier side?" Arjun further enquired, taking a careful look at the x-ray plates.

"He wasn't hit on the riskier side at all." Dr. Duggal drew in an easy breath. "When I examined further taking Vihaan Sir's gun into consideration, I quickly cracked the reason of the death. The man died instantly out of poisoning because I found traces of poison in Vihaan Sir's gun and the bullets. When Vihaan Sir shot the man, he died because of the rapid spread of poison in his body."

Widening his eyes in shock, Arjun commented, "So somebody had tampered with Vihaan Sir's gun deliberately. It's not that easy to get hands on a cop's gun unless you are closer to him. What if it is the immoral act of an insider?"

Sanchi shook her head, confirming the same. "It is very much possi-ble other-wise it is not easy to touch Vih-aan's gun in any way."

Arjun nodded. "He was in Agra with Shaurya and we don't know who all he met during his stay over there. Later, they were joined by Virendra Sir and Dheeraj. It's true that Dheeraj or Virendra Sir won't do such a thing so what if Shau..."

"Wait Arjun, are you try-ing to tell me that Shay cou-ld do this? I have known him since child-hood and I know how hon-est he has been through-out his life. He can't do such a thing to any of his sisters' hus-bands." Sanchi strongly defended her brother.

"I'm not trying to frame him deliberately or anything. It's just some professional doubts and you know we are taught to doubt everyone unless the real culprit is caught." Arjun sighed, pondering deeply over the case again.

"I kn-ow." Sanchi responded weakly, sealing her lips together in silence.

***** 

Arjun drove to Tanvir's residence soon after departing from the doctor's laboratory. On the way, he continued discussing over the complicated and completely new angle of the case with Sanchi.

"Sanchi, you shouldn't forget that you met Shaurya after many years again and you don't even know how his life has been in all these years. We are not yet aware why they were there at Agra, I also know that Shaurya keeps traveling on and off the city. What if he is doing something wrong in the name of business and taking Vihaan Sir to Agra was only a part of the plan?"

Sanchi jerked a little. "You may be ri-ght but I can't really beli-eve you. Shay must be having prob-lems in his busi-ness which we aren't awa-re of. Vihaan isn't fool-ish to accom-pany him all the way to Agra for some silly rea-son."

"I understand what you mean." Arjun nodded slightly. "But Shaurya is Vihaan Sir's best friend. It might have been easier to convince him to leave for Agra."

Sanchi was rendered speechless. "I rea-lly don't want to come to the con-clusion that Shay is the real cul-prit. I don't want to lose my bro-ther at any cost. He can't be it, Ar-jun!"

"See Sanchi, this is not the time to think from the heart. If you really want to save your husband, you will have to look into every aspect of the case and reach the conclusion. It's better that we keep our investigation going on," Arjun explained her.