Chapter 55

A/N: The image attached to the top of this chapter is the first book cover I've ever received from any dedicated reader... The entire credit goes to Sasanka54 (my honest reader and brother) for creating such a beautiful masterpiece. Thank you bro from the bottom of my heart for giving a chance to Sanchi-Vihaan's story (or whom he lovingly calls VIVA)!

Chapter 55

Stepping outside into the frosty atmosphere during the month of December, Sanchi found the chilly wind hugging her with all it's might. She was standing right in the middle of the railway station of Gwalior, glancing over at the wintry evening of the town. The foggy dense clouds surrounding the sky like a cold blanket seemed to be her kith and kin, where her own life was rendered with darkness again.

From staunch enemies to hostile behavior against each other, Sanchi was formidably at daggers drawn with Vihaan. In the span of six months of togetherness, they had primarily learnt the art of living like close companions setting aside their pride and ego. Falling in love with each other was only secondary.

Leaving Indore, Ujjain and her  beautiful old life with Vihaan behind, Sanchi was once again back to her town where she had spent all her childhood. From being humiliated and disgraced by different people to being bashed and mortified by her own evil mother, Sanchi had faced everything here. Taking the decision of returning to Gwalior wasn't easy but she had no other choice. The last time she had met her own grandmother, she had come to know the reality of her parents' motives behind disowning her from the Patel family.

Sitting down on a chair in the platform, Sanchi wiped the icy layer of her dry face. The more affected her heart was, the worse her eyes exhibited her pain, a pain which she could never overcome. When she had been stepping out of the Bundela mansion, she remembered Vihaan's prominent silence and not conversing with her again. She was at fault this time for deliberately pushing away the most precious possession of her life.

Before making her exit from the Bundela house and family forever, she had committed an another sin absent-mindedly. While arranging her luggage, the miniature glass model of Taj Mahal that Vihaan had ever gifted her accidentally fell to the floor of his room, getting smashed and completely destroyed. The only remembrance of Vihaan wasn't anymore with her.

Unwillingly walking her way towards the crowded locality where the Patel house stood, Sanchi saw the lights to the building yet switched on. Briskly pressing the bell, she patiently waited for a response from the insiders.

"Vanya?" Nidhi exclaimed as soon as she threw open the door. "I don't think I'm daydreaming to see you in front of me at this time of the evening!"

"I'm he-re for the real, Ni-dhi," Sanchi announced before pulling her luggage through the doorway.

"Wait yeah! Did you speak to mom before returning home? Did she allow you?" Nidhi waited for Sanchi's reply before continuing, "If you want to enter the house without her permission, do it to your own discretion. I won't be stopping you at all. But if you haven't, be ready to face her wrath because she's in a very bad mood."

"What happ-ened to her?" Sanchi asked, scanning her eyes around the interior of the medium-sized house.

"Don't you know how mom is, her mood keeps shifting in a fashion she likes." Nidhi laughed before frowning again. "But what about you? Where have you been in all these years? Hiding somewhere with your coward and fearful face!"

Before Sanchi could answer, Jwala moved out of her own room screaming loudly, "Who's knocking at the door, Nidhi?"

Sanchi's fingers tightened their grip on her trolley as her eyes met her mother's, sending a shiver down her spine. Pursing her lips into a thin line, she fumbled. "Maa...maa... I am ba-ck..."