Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"We failed to do anything, Vir. Dheeraj just agreed to get married to Naina before going to his room. I think we have worsened the situation more than anything," Durga regretted, nodding her head.

"These two are stubborn to such an extent that they are blinded by jealousy and ego. Do we survive any other chance again?" Virendra inquired and saw Sanchi entering the living room from outside.

Sanchi's eyes caught Naina in their familiar gaze before she interrupted, "We need to bre-ak their mis-concep-tion inst-ead of crea-ting more mis-under-standing. By now, they have alre-ady reali-zed each other's worth and are comp-letely devas-tated from within. A little pok-ing in the right nerve will suff-ice. You kn-ow like, 'Strike the iron wh-en it is hot.'"

"I didn't get you." Durga took a step forward.

"I exa-ctly know what to do and I've thou-ght of some-thing. I'm pre-pared to play the Cupid for th-em and I'll let you kn-ow once I have plan-ned it comp-letely. Ple-ase give me little time," Sanchi pleaded, a little smile playing on her lips.

"So I think I'm unrequired now in this match-making game," Naina exclaimed, her eyes getting fixed on Sanchi for an answer.

"You must have real-ized it, Naina. We are not goi-ng to play this third per-son thing for them aga-in," Sanchi said politely but it came to Naina as a taunt.

Naina passed a weak smile before hugging Durga and Virendra. "I'm leaving now. If you need my help again, you may always give me a call. I love you, you know it."

Durga and Virendra wished her farewell as she hopped towards Sanchi and threw her a friendly hug. "It was nice to meet you, Sanchi. If luck permits and destiny hauls, we'll meet again."

Sanchi withdrew from her as Naina's words played in her mind for a couple of times. "I did-n't get you but yes, it was nice to meet you. I will al-so look for-ward to meet-ing you aga-in. Take care."

Naina gave her a tight smile before taking the exit. The playful brain of hers wasn't as chubby as it seemed to be. Catching a quick glimpse of the bungalow before leaving, she let out a sinister smirk. "I'll return to the bungalow one day but with Ashna when she finally returns home. Some old scores are yet left to be settled and Vihaan Singh Bundela along with his wife and family won't be able to recover from their downfall again!"

***** 

Sanchi was put into unclear and tough situations in life again. On one hand, she had the worries of Vidya's relationship while on the other, there was the new mystery girl playing in her mind. She didn't know who Ashna was or how she looked like, but she was already disliking her to some extent.

The sarcastic words of Naina had created enough doubts in her brain and she knew nothing about the two sisters. The fact that Durga and Virendra had prohibited her from uttering anything about the girls in front of Vihaan had greatly fortified her suspicion.

When Vihaan returned to his room in the middle of the night, Sanchi was still keeping awake. Between thinking intently and sleeping scarcely, she sensed Vihaan's approaching footsteps.

As soon as he saw Sanchi's awaken eyes, he muttered urgently, "You most probably would have slept by now."

"As if you care!" She responded, turning her back to him as she pressed her right cheek against the pillow.

"Can't you be a little polite when the person you are speaking to asked you something very humbly?" Vihaan lied down on the sofa.

"Says the man who was po-lite eno-ugh to leave the hou-se even if a very hum-ble req-uest of a break-fast invi-tation had promp-ted before him." Sanchi's eyes were tightly closed together.