Chapter 27

Chapter 27

For the first time since she was married to Vihaan, Sanchi had spent an entire day without quarreling with him. Not because he was visible throughout the day but because he wasn't in view at all.

When she woke up in the morning the next day, he wasn't there on the sofa. Dheeraj had himself offered to drop her to the bureau since Vihaan had gone out of the city again. This time Vihaan wasn't out for any meeting or for a short work, but he had gone on a long trip to Burhanpur. He had forwarded his name to replace himself as the leader to the deployed team to fight against the terror group.

Sanchi's entire day at the bureau passed as usual, except for the regular arguments with her husband. There was no Vihaan to pester her with his arrogant words or with rude insults. The evening drew gradually and Sanchi left the bureau in time to reach the Ringers' Park.

Vidya was already waiting eagerly for Sanchi's arrival and according to the latter's instructions, Vidya was preparing herself to carry out the plan swiftly without any mistake. Sanchi encouraged her to go ahead with everything confidently while she herself took a hiding place in a corner.

Arjun had diligently performed the task given to him by Sanchi and she didn't fail to praise him. The entire park was hired for the evening and decorated beautifully with incandescent candles, scented flowers and sparkling beads. A chiming wall hanging was put above the center table and two decorated chairs were arranged for them. There was a gorgeous cake placed in the middle of the table and plates for two were laid.

Arjun also hid beside Sanchi and waited for the arrival of Dheeraj eagerly. Vidya was feeling too nervous and when she saw Dheeraj's approaching figure from far, she hid herself behind a colorful curtain.

Dheeraj was appalled seeing all the decorations and his head spun when he couldn't find anyone around. Raising his voice a bit, he shouted, "Is there anybody here? I don't think Sanchi will fool me. Mom?"

Dheeraj waited in anticipation until Vidya moved out of her hiding place and blindfolded him. Touching the velvet cloth, he scoffed, "Who are you? What are you trying to do? Where is Sanchi? Where is mom?"

"Wait my sweet sixteen boy, I'll let you know." Vidya tried imitating Naina's voice, placing a handkerchief against her lips lightly.

"Naina! What happened to your voice? Were you the one who told my mother to send me here? I know you always love to joke but you shouldn't do it now." Dheeraj chided, not knowing who the actual person before him was.

Vidya gritted her teeth upon hearing Dheeraj's words for Naina. She spoke in the same voice again, "I'm suffering from a sore throat and yes I told Durga aunt to send you here. I have planned a surprise for us tonight. I know we are getting married soon but I couldn't call you these days. Even you didn't try calling me. I thought we should spend some private moments alone before getting married."

"Not like this please. I don't like it. Open the blindfold now or else I'll do it myself." Dheeraj lifted his arms to unfurl the cloth when she held his hands.

"Please don't, it's a request. Listen to me first. Don't you think I deserve to share my feelings with you before we get married? Don't you think we should at least get closer a little to know each other properly before the marriage? We weren't in touch for so many years and I don't know much about you," Vidya uttered in Naina's soothing voice, smirking to herself.

"What do you mean, Naina?"

"You will know soon as this beautiful evening grows deeper. I really want to start this evening with you on a positive note. I want to kiss you before we cut the delicious cake in front of us. I want to make this evening memorable before the commencement of our marriage." Vidya's grip on Dheeraj's hands grew tighter as she pushed herself closer to him.