Chapter 50

Chapter 50

(Half-century and I didn't even realize 🤓)

***

Vihaan met Sanchi's doctor in his cabin, who had raised his concerns regarding her partially damaged spine. The post-operative repots weren't either bad or weren't that great, it was somewhat less than normal. The bullet had passed only an inch away from her spinal cord and the injuries would take a little time to heal. 

Sanchi was lucky enough to have survived the gunshots and it was only a matter of many more days that her wounds would also disappear. As the doctor suggested, he was expecting complications but the reports nullified his fear. A little tension was still lurking because of the delicate structure of the injuries and that Sanchi would be facing difficulties while walking. Her back would ache like the breaking of many bones at once without the painkillers. Sanchi should need extra support while performing regular daily functions and that she should remain under ample of rest and great care during her recovery period.

Almost a week passed by, with Sanchi admitted in the hospital. The family had returned to Indore after a couple of days since the time they had received the great news of Sanchi's reports. However, only Vihaan stayed back at Omkareshwar to look after her and remain by her side always, and maybe forever.

Spending eight days at the hospital, Vihaan didn't miss a single day to take care of Sanchi. From feeding the medicines in time, discussing with the doctors, fetching the fruits and juices, reading her favorite novels aloud to her during free time, making her talk to the family over phone and lovingly peeking at her during sleep, he was doing all of it religiously.

Sanchi's health was improving and the doctor arranged her discharge papers on the ninth day. The stitches were undone and certain strong antibiotics were cut down from the list. Her excitement to return home had risen considerably, addressing to the fact that they would be leaving for Indore on the very same evening.

By the early evening, the formal procedures were completed and the doctors suggested Vihaan to visit any nearby hospital at Indore for the future checkups. The nurse tidied Sanchi up in a new cotton dress for her departure and the excitement of the former knew no bounds.

The moment Vihaan entered the hospital room, Sanchi's immediate gaze fell on him. The atmosphere around her turned hazy when the sharpness of his passionate eyes came to her view. Vihaan, on the other hand, took time longer than expected to initiate their conversation. Stretching out his palm, he offered his helping hand to her.

"Finally Vih-aan... I'm getting dis-charged from this hos-pital... I got pretty bored and piss-ed sitting on the little bed for so ma-ny days." Sanchi chirped, dragging her feet clumsily towards him.

"Do you have a problem listening to me?" Vihaan wrapped his arm around the small of her back, helping her to walk as comfortably as she could. "How many times shall I tell you not to rush or try walking all by yourself?"

Gripping the sleeves of his shirt, Sanchi clung on to him like a homeless bird who had just found her nest. "I was try-ing to share my excite-ment with you. This hospital had unwill-ingly become a part of my life, filling the rough days with bore-dom."

Vihaan cocked his head particularly towards her direction, gently sweeping her off her feet. With Sanchi cooping in his arms, he walked down the aisle of the hospital building. He had already hired a private van to fetch them to Indore after her discharge from the medical formalities. 

Sanchi's compulsive eyes bore deeper into his, as he carried her to the van with great care. Vihaan had his eyes fixed to the road before them, even though his heart was also fluttering for having Sanchi so closer to him.