Chapter 69

Chapter 69

(This chapter can make you laugh and ROFL. You've been warned!)

*

"The smack on your ch-eek is for you, for try-ing to think of harm-ing my hus-band." Sanchi growled from behind Vihaan, not looking like the timid old Vanya again. "The slap sho-uld repe-titively remind you of all yo-ur sins for try-ing to kill Nidhi, attem-pting murder on me and hurt-ing Vidya for life. The grow-ing baby ins-ide her will also never for-give you."

Jwala was smirking widely like a lost crane in wilderness as a lady inspector handcuffed her, followed by Arjun sealing the metal band around Kunwar's wrist. Before stepping her foot forward to take the exit, Jwala let her words seep into Sanchi's ears. "You are nowhere near in comparison to Vihaan or his family. You should never forget that you will always remain like a homeless creature without a self-identity, and your destiny full of misfortunes will continue to pound at your door for the lifetime."

"It's Vih-aan or his fam-ily to decide whe-ther I am fit for th-em. You can't keep ruin-ing me with your ver-dicts anymore," Sanchi answered, keeping her glances lowered to the floor.

"You are still not sure if they would accept you!" Jwala gave out an evil laughter. "You can keep bothering with your uncertain identities throughout your life, Vanya or Sanchi? What should you consider your surname as, Patel, Trivedi or Bundela? You won't be able to keep sticking to one, and will keep yearning for an INDIVIDUALITY like you have done in all these twenty five years of your confused life."

"She has an identity, Mrs. Jwala Patel!" Vihaan hollered in his harsh voice, cupping Sanchi's wet cheeks and glaring passionately into her troubled eyeballs. "She has only one identity, the permanent identity that happened to her many months earlier. She was legally, officially and unanimously renamed as Sanchi Singh Bundela, the story of which had started long ago in the chapter of our life. Acquiring my surname, she also has a permanent home. She dwells in my heart, the home which only belongs to her. Is that clear?"

"Please take away the psychologically and mentally unstable villainous woman now." Vidya cried aloud, barring Jwala from insulting Sanchi again. "I can't tolerate her rude comments anymore. I don't want to see her in my life ever."

After Jwala and Kunwar were taken away, Vidya broke down next to the grandmother's chair, crying out in agony. "I lost my existence today. The parents who gave birth to me are behind the bars now and the ones under whose support I grew up, I can't call them mine own."

Nidhi knelt down before her, caressing Vidya's hair. "You still know who your real parents are, but look at me. I don't even know the source of my existence but I'm yet trying to believe that I exist. I exist for the people I love and I know I should exist for my husband. Similarly, you will have to exist to let the little one inside you to face this world with you. We will manage our pains together, Vidya."

The miserable condition of both Vidya and Nidhi ached Sanchi's heart. With all the worst revelations, she was the only one who had gained the real recognition of her own existence. And with Vihaan's love, her life seemed complete.

Wrapping her arms around the two sobbing girls, Sanchi let a tear or two drop on to her navy blue sweater. "None of us are flaw-less or born without prob-lems in our lives. Each one of us has diffe-rent things to deal with and cater to the parti-cular hurdles we poss-ess indivi-dually."

Nidhi placed a hand over Sanchi's palm. "I have never tried to mend my rude ways until Arjun came into my life. I was also at fault for making fun of your stammering and sometimes speaking in support of mom. But now I realize I was so wrong. You are way too luckier and superior than me, Vanya. You have Vihaan with you and found your own family today. All your sufferings in life are yielding fruits for you. Trust me, I'm feeling very happy for you."