Notes

I groaned and let my body fall on my chair. This day has been so tiring that I wanted to quit on this job and stay inside my house forever. But I needed money to provide for my family and my needs so I have to work.

My mom has been nagging me to date because she thinks it's the reason why I get grumpy easily when I love my job. Being a doctor has been my dream since I was highschool but now that I'm one, I found it very tiring. My parents wanted me to spend my money to doll myself up for the dates I'll have if I'm going to date instead of giving it to them. But I love them so I'd rather spend my money for them to pay all the hardworks they went through to put me here.

"You look tired." Wendy said the moment she came inside my office. "I brought foods. It's your favorite." she placed a bag down on my desk.

"Thanks Wind. I don't know what will I do if you're not here."

"Whatever." she rolled her eyes jokingly before she puckered her lips at me and pretended to kiss me. "I'm going out on a date today. I wish you are dating to so we could go out on a double date with our boyfriends."

"No time for that."

"Come on, Y/n. Life isn't just about work. You're feeling tired because you keep doing the same thing everyday, you need love, except those kind of love you receive from me."

"I'm finding that soon, don't worry."

Well, I hope so. Wendy has a point, I've been doing the same thing for years now. Maybe it's time to find love?

As soon as Wendy left my office, I followed shortly after to check on my patients.

I went inside a patient's room, who happens to be a 6 year old girl.

"Oh, who are you?" I asked as soon as I saw another doctor talking to my patient. He turned around and when our eyes met, I swear I saw something sparkly flying everywhere around him like he just came straight out of a romantic movie or what.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Byun Baekhyun. I saw your patient loitering around the hospital, crying. I just did my job as a doctor of children." he booped my patient's nose sweetly that made her giggle. I've never seen her smile like that since she was admitted here. Her illness is hurting her every time so it's weird to see her smiling.

"Dr. Baekyoong is so handsome." Jinhee said while blushing.

"You like that much aren't you?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, Jinhee your real doctor is here. I need to leave you now okay?"

Tears started to form in her eyes when Baekhyun lets go of her hand.

"No. Please stay." she held his hand tightly.

"I'll be back." he said but I stepped in.

"You can stay while I check her up."

Baekhyun watched me as I checked Jinhee. I've been watched by many as I check my patients but I've never been this self-conscious just because another doctor is watching me. Jinhee fell asleep in the middle of checking her up so we got out together just in time her guardian went back after buying something outside.

Baekhyun and I walked around the hallway, slowly and quietly. I could sense that he wants to open his mouth. Should I initiate a conversation instead?

"I've never seen you around." I spoke before lifting my gaze up to Dr. Byun, was it?

"I came from another hospital and moved here. I just started a few days ago." he shrugged. "You look tired." he stared back at me and stopped walking as he scanned my body, from my feet up to my tired face. I wanted to shrink and hide away from him. He's a man but I must admit he look way more prettier than I do.