Loving You

BAEKHYUN

"Good morning, sir."

"Good morning." I happily greeted back to the staffs who did it first and the moment I turned my back at them to leave, I swear I heard them squeal and complimented me of how I looked so handsome today.

"Hey, Baekhyun!"

As soon as I heard that familiar cheerful voice, my heart swelled in happiness. But I chose not to make it obvious as I tilted my head and rolled my eyes at the person who called me.

"I told you to call me 'sir' because you are my secretary. Also, for us to look professional." I told Y/n as she approached me.

She shook her head cutely with her nose crinkled. "No, Baekhyun. I accidentally read some smut and the guy there wanted the girl to call him 'sir' while doing... You know?" she shrugged. "And me calling you sir everyday kinda makes me feel..."

I widened my eyes at her while she frowned, her eyes scanning my whole body.

"Don't even say it!"

"Ew! It's like I wanted to do that with you!"

The happiness I felt inside my heart just a few moments ago, altered into slight pain.

"You're fired." I narrowed my eyes at her.

Y/n giggled and then linking her arms on mine. "I was just kidding, Baek. But I prefer to call my bestfriend to his name because it's cute. Even when he's the CEO and I'm his cutie secretary."

"Be thankful that you're cute."

"Of course I am."

I had a glimpse at the folders in her hands. "You're going somewhere?"

"Ah, Sehun asked for these." she showed me the files she was holding. "Gotta go, by the way. I need to see that cutie." she squeals before running away from me.

"Don't even dare try to flirt him!"

She turns around and started walking backwards. "I know, Bacon! No one should date a workmate!"

It was the rule I told her that is strictly implemented in my company. She thinks that the rule is applied to everyone who works for me. But the truth is... It's only for her. So that she wouldn't date that one worker she had a crush on, named Sehun.

I kept my eyes at Y/n until she completely disappeared after taking the lift. That girl even peeked her head to wink at me. If only she knows how much that affects me and makes my tiring day a good one. I wonder what kind of words I should use for her to know my feelings for her. How should I set my eyes on her to know what I feel? I don't know how I ended up falling in love with Y/n. But I spent every season with her, walked down the street with her while comforting her after a heartbreak.

Knowing her slowly, I realized how fragile she is. And that's when I decided that no matter where she may go, I'm protecting her and I'll be with her. For now, while she's oblivious about the truth, I'll be protecting her from behind.

I'm ready to head back to my office. When I turned around, I was immediately greeted by a couple walking towards my direction, laughing and having a good time strolling around my company building. The girl seems familiar though. As they approach, her face slowly became recognizable for me. When I realized who it was, I quickly turned my head to the other side and was about to walk away.