Only One

Ugh, making up names is stressing me out so I'll just use my friends' initials (J, A, T, N, M, and D) as reader's friends and Superm (excluding Baekhyun) as their boyfriends lol. 😌

--

My eyes roamed around my friends' giddy faces while they stared at me half apologetic and half teasingly.

"Seriously? Am I going to be the photographer so I wouldn't ruin the perfectly even squad?"

"Yah, don't say that. Of course you won't be the photographer because you're with us." J swung an arm around me. "You'll the be only one but the center of attraction."

My friends and I are finally making our planned summer vacation happen and it's in Maldives, the place we've been dying to visit. We've planned everything a year before and saved enough money for this trip so we're all set and ready to go anytime as long as everyone has the time to be free from work for a week.

At first, when I received a message just this morning saying that I should get my things ready because everyone is finally free to make this vacation happen, I was excited. Not until we all met at the airport and what greeted me upon my entrance made me feel bitter.

None of my girl friends told me they're bringing their boyfriends with them! My excitement died down not because I forgot to bring my boyfriend with me but because I don't have a boyfriend!

Yes, in our group of seven I'm the only one who's single. Every time we hangout together and they have their boyfriends with them, I'd be left out. I don't have someone to flirt with. Also in our group photos, I'm the only one single so when one of them posts our photo with their partners being close to them and I'm at the very back posing like I'm frustrated, people would make fun of me.

I got used to it though. But I must admit that I'm envious of my friends. They have someone who loves them, who'd hold their hand when we're out in the public, someone who can give them kisses and cuddles if they want to.

"Are you upset?" A asked. I nodded a little as an answer and pouted. "We're sorry if we didn't inform you."

"It's fine." I smiled at them to show assurance. "Can I go use the comfort room? This unexpected trip made me forget to pee."

"Sure, go ahead."

And so I ran to the comfort room of the airport. I didn't actually feel the need to pee, it was a lie so I could have time alone for myself to sink everything in my head. Our trip that is unexpectedly today and my girl friends bringing their boyfriends with them, it's too much for me. Not that I don't want the guys to enjoy with us but I'll surely be left out once we to stroll around the place. My girls would have someone to hold their hands while I stay behind them, envious of the fact that I don't have a guy with me.

I sighed and stared at myself in the mirror. "You'll be fine." I told myself, nodding a bit. Then I walked out of the comfort room.

Once out, I tilted my head to look for my friends in a distance. When I saw them, I was about to call them out when a crowd of people suddenly walked past in front of me, covering my sight of my group if friends. I was annoyed for the first few seconds but then I realized that the group is so much like us. There were seven guys and six girls, just like how we are but the opposite.

"Come on, we're sorry Baek!" one of them was walking off first, obviously pissed, while the rest followed behind the guy that I guess was Baek. "We didn't mean to make you feel like that!"