Field Trip

Warning: mentions of violence.

This is dark and this is the first time I've ever done something like this.

Unedited and long af.

--

I was in 4th grade, when I was sent to an unexpected field trip. There were at least 20 students from random grades that were with me and never thought of a normal school bus ride all the way to school could be a surprise trip.

33 years ago. I was 9 years old and in 4th grade.

"Bye mom!" I yelled and ran towards the front door after spotting the school bus arriving.

"Y/n you forgot something!"

Giggling, I turned around and dashed towards my dad and pecked him on his cheek. I also did the same to my mom before I hurried my way out of the house and into the school bus.

I sat on my usual seat. Third line beside the window. My small legs that couldn't reach the floor when I sit, dangled as I hum in a song I heard from my mom. There were lots of students with me. Some of them are talking with their friends, eating their breakfast, reading and such. I smiled to myself, knowing I'll be having another tiring but somehow productive day at school.

The bus came into a stop and another student climbs in. He roams his eyes around and saw that the only seat unoccupied is the one beside me. He then cracks a smile at me and proceeds to take the seat. I know him, he's the school's favorite singer, Byun Baekhyun, a 6th grader. He was always seen in singing contests held by the school and I'd always watch him perform. Let's say, I do have a crush on him after seeing him sing live for lots of times that it made my heart flutter.

I tried to act normal and restraint my head to tilt towards his side to look at him. And so my eyes landed to the bus driver who's looking back at us and counting us one by one. He stopped counting once his finger pointed to the student seated at the very front. He nods his head before steering the wheel, bus making a turn that I thought it would turn upside down.

Baekhyun notices this and stands up with his right hand raised. "Excuse me, this isn't the way to the school."

"I know." the driver respond, putting on a mask and pressing something from the dashboard.

The aircon turned on. But there was coming out from it besides the cold air; a smoke. Everyone seemed to notice what was happening and started panicking and crying, fist banging against the closed window.

There wasn't a smell from the smoke but I felt dizzy after few inhales of it. The other students stopped panicking and went quiet on their seats. I leaned against the chair weakly, finally shifting my head to look at Baekhyun, only to see him unconscious.

That was the last thing I saw before darkness consumed everything.

----

"Hey! Wake up!"

I was awaken when someone who seemed to have been carrying me on its shoulder threw me down. I squealed after my whole body landed on a rocky ground, eyes closing in pain when some of the rocks penetrated my clothed skin.

"Don't you ever touch her!" then I felt my head being lifted off the ground and was placed in someone's arms, carefully. "Y/n, are you okay? Wake up." he poked my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes again and immediately saw Baekhyun's worried face. Seeing me awake, he sighs in relief.