Lift

Ya'll know I suck at angst right?

Oh, you didn't know? Now you know ><

Btw. The italicized scenes are flashbacks ^^

--

BAEKHYUN

I laughed along with my son as I dashed towards the flowery field, with his thighs on my shoulders and his tiny hands grasping on my hair so he wouldn't fall from my back. He couldn't stop his cute scream and it's the most beautiful melody I'm hearing at the moment.

I could still remember how beautiful it is to hear her scream, the first time we met.

We were on a camp for a show and we're trailing our way towards the site through the forest before the filming. I could notice this one girl, one of the staffs, it's like she's panicking? Ever since we got out of the bus that brought us here, she has been fidgety and I don't know why I noticed such thing.

She was shy and no one was actually talking to her so I approached her.

"Hi, are you fine? You seem pale." I asked. She looked up to me slowly and her eyes widened for a second before she nodded shakily.

She looked behind me and saw that the others had walked first, leaving us two. "I- aaah!" I was so shock when she scream suddenly and hurriedly ran towards my back and pulled me in front of her as if I'm some kind of sheild that would protect her from monsters.

"What?! Is there something?!" I started panicking because of the way her body shakes and how scared she is.

She pointed at something so I quickly turned to look at it. "G-get that t-thing away-aaah! That's why I hate here!" and she screamed and grabbed me everywhere that I feel my clothes were being ripped apart.

It was some millipedes... A lot of them. And they're heading towards our direction.

I made sure she never heard me laugh a bit before I kicked the worms away from her. "Are you crying?"

"I'm j-just really scared at them. T-there are a l-lot of t-them on the way."

I couldn't help but smile before turning my back at her, taking my bag off to put it in front of me before kneeling down on the ground. "Get on my back."

"Huh?"

I tilted my head to glance at her, she was blushing and it was cute. "Get on my back or you're stepping them on our way there."

Without hesitation she leaned her body on my back and wrapped her arms on my neck. I held on to the back of her knees before I stood up and made sure she wouldn't fall. She isn't that heavy so this will be easy.

"My name is Baekhyun by the way." I broke the silence between us because I could feel her getting scared every time we walk pass a millipede on our way.

"I know, I'm a fan. I'm sorry if you have to do this. I must be so heavy. I hope your back won't hurt when we get there, you're a star."

"It's fine. And no, you aren't that heavy."

"Your back feels nice."